PDA

View Full Version : Well, I left the club...

Rabies
March 2nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
Traded my AD30VT for a red knob Fender Champ 12...and a Boss DD-3 Digital Delay. :DR

duhvoodooman
March 2nd, 2007, 06:31 AM
Heretic!! Thou shalt be SHUNNED here!! :eek: :mad:

Seriously, good luck w/ the new Champ and let us know how you like it. A few clips would be even better! :DR

tot_Ou_tard
March 2nd, 2007, 08:09 AM
Ain't no club, only people trying to find what works for them.

Enjoy!!!!

Danzego
March 2nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Yeowtch.

Was it at least a DD-3 with the old chip?

Rabies
March 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Yeowtch.

Was it at least a DD-3 with the old chip?

Yeowtch? You say that like you think I made a bad deal...lol:D

Rabies
March 2nd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Heretic!! Thou shalt be SHUNNED here!! :eek: :mad:

Seriously, good luck w/ the new Champ and let us know how you like it. A few clips would be even better! :DR

So far, I LOVE IT. The dirt channel sucks, unless you keep the gain very low...then it's great. And when I say low, I mean around the vicinity of 1. It suffers from the input jack problem that plagues every one of these known to man I think. I know about the Torres mod that fixes that problem, but I don't see spending 21 bucks on a couple of 3 dollar jacks. Does anyone know if they're the closed sort of jack, or the open ones? Just curious if anyone knows offhand, as I haven't popped it open yet.

I will most likely change out the tubes. Or at least get some others to experiment with, as the ones that are in there aren't like coveted or whatever. They're standard GT, and I know for a fact that they've been in there for at least 9 years. :D And I've read that you can get some tasty flavors by putting a lower gain tube in V1, and a 12AX7 in the second. Can't wait to try that. And I will probably swap the speaker out for a Jensen, just because I can. It's got the stock fender speaker in it still, which is fine, but it's pretty funky lookin. I'll keep that speaker of course, I would just rather try a new speaker...never know.

marnold
March 2nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
I'd suggest checking out the Fender forum (http://www.fenderforum.com). If there's a mod to be done to Fender guitars or amps, it's most likely there.

Danzego
March 3rd, 2007, 02:52 AM
Yeowtch? You say that like you think I made a bad deal...lol:D

Nah, I just mean yeowtch to getting rid of the Vox is all. I like 'em and would hate to see mine go, even if it was in a trade. :)

Moshe
March 3rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
I have a champ 12..

The jacks are plastic pieces of rice and the torres replacements are open style and the kit shows you exactly how to wire them.

I dont recomend the high gain mod only because it effects the clean tone.

the other mods are OK...if a little cheesy. The pot replacements dont fit the board spacing so you have to solder little wires to the legs of the pots, so then the are not very firmly placed on the board....if you do it right it works well but it just seems hack to me.

these are cool amps. just keep it on the clean channel and use a pedal.