PDA

View Full Version : aye guys!

ZoSo65
March 2nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Been a while ,,how you all doin,,,hope it's good.
I haven't been too active as of late, but I do check in once and a whie to see what's going on.
Anyhoo, got some new tubes from Eurotubes for my DeltaBlues 210. I went with the Rock / High Gain Option set to see what this puppy could do, also knowing that changing the V3 with a stock tube could get my "very clean" back. These tubes rock! Best and easiest change/mod you can do to an amp, without getting into modding the circuit board.
For the hell of it, I just tried to learn Miracle Man by Ozzy,,wasn't sure if the DB could do the hard stuff,, but low and behold, BlackBetty and the JJ DB got it done without a hitch! Pretty much shocked the hell out of me to tell you the truth. Easy song to pick up too, even the leads are quick to learn.
Last time I posted , I mentioned a song that I started to write, that's been on hold since that day,,LOL
I did start on two more though, they're really in a "ruff" state at this point. For some reason I try to do a mix of a lead and rythem at the same time. Not realizing (actually keep forgetting) to just lay down a rythem track and a "dirty" drum track to get it started,,hehe Plus I keep forgetting about the bass part. Oh yeah, I did get a bass from one of the guys I work with,,,it's a Yamaha RBX 200F fretless. Not the top of the line, but hey, it's a start.
I re-finished the neck, replaced the strings, did a set-up on it, and replced the pup with a DiMarzio DP127 Split P before I even tried it out,,LOL Oh yeah I had to replace the pots, put CTS ones in, that was the only thing wrong with it when he gave it to me. The sucker sounds great! Even though I put it through the DB for now,,,all I can say is Fretless is the only way to go!! It actually got me thinking of building my next axe fretless! But I killed that idea,,heh.
Bottom line, that bass does what I need it to do and then some.
OK, gonna start a new project soon also,,,gonna build an SG but instead of a set neck I'm going to do a neck-through body. It's going to be based, for the most part, on a '62 style, but with a somewhat modernized body shape,,,don't worry though, it's still going to "say" SG all the way. I don't want to stray to much from the original shape and structure that's proved itself time and time again. ;) Was going to use Gibson '57 and '57 Plus pups, but heard a lot of so called "bad issues" with them, mainly the fact that Gibson is having a hard time making them sound like a Gibson! Go figure. As of right now I'll probably use a set of Rio Grandes,,,they kick ***!!! Gonna use stainless steel frets too!
Should make for a terrific sounding SG, better then the Gibby models too,,,LOL
Well, that's enough for now :)
Again, I hope everyones doing good,,,and to DVD Man,,,GREAT job on that Ibby clone box,,,KUDOS to you without a doubt!!!! And yeas, I'll order one from you real soon,,,as a matter of fact,,,,,, ;)
Over and out boys,,
see'ya soon

sunvalleylaw
March 2nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the check in. Glad to hear what's up. Thanks also for the tube update. When I replace mine someday in my C-30, I'll probably go with the euro tubes based on what a lot of the guys here are saying.

Robert
March 2nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Hey man, good to see you! Thanks for the update. I'd really love to play your amp - I bet it sounds awesome.

Fretless bass - wow, I love the sound but I find it very hard to play. I love playing my SX jazz bass.

M29
March 3rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hello Zõ§õ,

Good to see you drop back in, sounds like some good things happenin. Hey I am going to start on a neck through soon as well. I picked up a 12 inch radius ebony fret board and some LP inlays for a neck through LP I am going to build. Will be fun putting the inlays in:eek:

Keep us up I look forward to hearing about your projects. I love this stuff!

M29

tot_Ou_tard
March 3rd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Hey ZoSo!!! Nice to hear from you. How is Rain liking her guitar? Is she actually playing it?

duhvoodooman
March 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Hey, Z-man! Nice to see your face in the place! You gotta get here more often! Thanks for the encouraging words on the ZYS, and best of luck with your SG project! We expect "progress pix", of course....

P.S. How about posting a clip of Miracle Man?? :DR

ZoSo65
March 9th, 2007, 10:18 PM
aye, Thanks everyone!:D

Robert- Fretless bass seems easy to me, but then again, I never really tried playing a bass before, other then didling around, maybe that's why it seems easy to me? Ya'know, something like you get used to what you started on,,,I guess,,LOL
You'd love the tone and sound of the DeltaBlues amp,,,dvd can verify that! :DR

M29- Any pics of the project yet? Also, Where did you pick the neck up from? Reason I'm asking is, I still haven't decided if I'm going to buy the neck or make it myself. Believe me, I'd love to make it myself cause I've drawn up some wicked designs, as far as the part that is part of the body section, hmm,,heh,,, for example, instead of just having the lower end be square on the sides, I'm going to curve it to, hopefully, follow the curves of the body. Also building it with multiple pieces of wood(stripes). shweh,,heh
If I don't build it, Carvin (http://www.carvinworld.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=NT6&CID=GTR/K) makes a neck that I would use, with an unshaped headstock,,so far.

tOt- Rains loving it so far! She plays it just about every time she's over.

DVD- I'm going to try and get here more, especially since me and the old lady are seperated,,,I'm real close to being finally settled in my new place, and can do what I want, when I want now;)
As far as getting a clip out there. I have no way to record it at this time, especially without a mic. But I'm going to see about borrowing a friend of mines, if and when he don't need it for a while. He's been busy recording some new songs he wrote and also recording songs for a demo cd he's making of the band he's in. I'm workin on it though ;)
Been trying to replicate some CandleBox(first album) lately,,,I'll tell you what, the DeltaBlues, with no pedals or effects comes oh so close to the sound! Throw a little chorus and some carefully controlled crybaby, and it's almost dead on!

Thanks again guys!!

tot_Ou_tard
March 9th, 2007, 11:42 PM
tOt- Rains loving it so far! She plays it just about every time she's over.
Thanks again guys!!
Coool! Ain't nuttin' more sorrowfull than an unplayed instrument. (Hear that you collectors? PLAY those suckas! I can hear them crying from here.--make's it d@mn hard to sleep at night!) Especially one so lovingly handmade as Rain's. :DR :R

M29
March 10th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Hello Zõ§õ,

I haven't started anything yet but I did consider the Carvin neckthrough. If I did not want to have laminations in mine I would definately go with the Carvin, if I remember correctly that is the only company that offered one without costing a trememdouse amount of moolah. I think the price is reasonable and I am still tempted to go that route to save all the work I will be putting into it. I do want to do everything on this build but the fret slot job.
I did try out my StuMac router jig with my Dremel and I think it will not be so bad as I thought routing for the inlays. I the only trouble I think will be keeping a tight straight line on the square inlays.

Hey lets see some sketches of that body and stuff????

All the best!
M29