PDA

View Full Version : The Institution Live at Rutgers University 1991

stingx
March 5th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I thought I would share this with you. My friend (other guitarist in the band) posted a clip from this on another forum and I decided to rip my favorite from the performance. The show was recorded on an old VHS camcorder so the sound is marginal - basically as good as the internal mic of the camcorder could be. I made a DVD of the tape a ways back so this is just a rip from it heavily compressed for internet delivery.

I'm the one on the far right playing my '83 Kramer Pacer Imperial and sporting the Harry Reams mustache :) This was a great evening and the music went well into the wee hours of the am on a Thursday night. The PUB was packed with people from 8pm to see all the bands that were lined up that evening. You get it all here...a raucous performance of a cool tune, bodies being chucked all over the place, beer flowing, crowd appreciation, etc. Fun, fun, fun...

Hope you enjoy. The file is 7.7mb.

http://www.box.net/public/gee3vocdd8

sunvalleylaw
March 5th, 2007, 07:34 PM
LOL!!! It looks like that night was WAY too much fun!! Not playing guitar at that point in time, I would have been mixing it up with the rugby style dancers you see cross the screen a coupla times. ;-)

P.S. Nice Grolsch sign in the background! :DR

Spudman
March 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Misty water color memories - of the way we were.

That looked like a fun gig unless they took the moshing to the stage. Isn't it great to look back? That touched a lot of memories in me too. Thanks for sharing.

tot_Ou_tard
March 6th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Wild night!!

Nice playing, that lead guitarist is doing a damned good job too.

SuperSwede
March 7th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the clip StingX! Hey you looked somewhat like Freddy Mercury with that mustache :D

Justaguyin_nc
March 7th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Dude are we still getting paid... we are having as much fun as they are!!!

Great vid!!!

stingx
March 7th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the clip StingX! Hey you looked somewhat like Freddy Mercury with that mustache :D

Thanks, I guess :) I assure you I am not flamboyant as he was. Haahahahaha.