PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birfday Tim!

Tone2TheBone
March 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Hope you have a great day! :)

warren0728
March 7th, 2007, 11:33 AM
happy birfday buddy....hope you have a great day....and of course i have some pancakes for ya!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-002.gif

ww

Iago
March 7th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Happy Birthday Tim from the Good Ole Florida!

SuperSwede
March 7th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Happy Birthday Tim! So did you get any special guitar related gifts this year?

sunvalleylaw
March 7th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Hi Tim! Have a great, great day!!

Tone2TheBone
March 7th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Gee I wonder if he even noticed this thread he was here earlier.

Robert
March 7th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Tim - Happy Birthday!

duhvoodooman
March 7th, 2007, 04:38 PM
HBD, Tim!!!! :DR :DR :DR

Justaguyin_nc
March 7th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Happy BirthDay Tim, Hope your day ahead is all good!

tot_Ou_tard
March 7th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Yo, Timster! It's my brother's B-Day too!

I hope your enjoying it!!!! :D :R :DR

ted s
March 7th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Happy burfday Tim !

Spudman
March 7th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Wubba wubba wubba! :)

You wrascally varmint. Have a great celebration.

M29
March 7th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Happy Birthday Tim!!!

M29

Tim
March 8th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks guys for all the birthday wishes. I popped in earlier yesterday to post my reply on the Ibanez Chorus pedal. Spudman’s post in that thread had me doing some heavy homework to understand where was coming from.

I have really been busy the last few months getting my home ready for the market and preparing for retirement. My first week I plan to relax and maybe even sleep late in the mornings. After that I want to really begin to study and learn the art of playing the guitar. I am going to schedule at least 2 hours dedicated to learning strumming patterns and then to break through this wall that stands between me and understanding scales and how to play them. I am beginning to memorize the different scale patterns.

My problem is in trying to improvise a solo through the scale pattern(s). Right now I go up the scale and then down the scale. Repeat … repeat … repeat. I can not figure how to break free from the up and down the scale pattern. I listen to some of the jams that other Fretters upload and just scratch my head. Any help would be appreciated.

Once more thanks for the birthday wishes. And welcome to the new Fretters that I have missed over the past 3 months.