PDA

View Full Version : Got ma sen a Baaaaaad Monkay................

Fingers
March 10th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I've had a read through some of the posts here and it confirmed everything I've read and heard elsewhere about this pedal............so got one.

I will use it with any one of three guitars..........Sheraton 335, 52ri Tele, PRS Santana II..............through a Vox AD50.

Could you guys put up any settings you use as well as the guitar and the amp and the style of music?

Already got some nice tones out of it, but interested to hear what you do with yours................

Robert
March 10th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I like using my Monkey with all knobs around 12 o'clock (roughly, give a take a bit) and then using the Tweed 4x10 amp model on the AV50VT. I've gigged several times with this setup and it sounded great, especially with my Tele.

sunvalleylaw
March 10th, 2007, 09:04 PM
For my home use with my strat through a Peavey Classic 30, I keep coming back to what is approximately their " warm rhythm" setting as described here: http://www.digitech.com/flash/BadMonkey.html I looked again at the setting in the demo, and I typically run the low a little higher than they are showin, say, around 2:00.

I have played around with some of their other settings, but seem to keep coming back here. I often use it down line from my Boss DS-1 (often with the volume on the guitar rolled back) and sometimes up line from my Boss CE-5 chorus pedal. Seems like it is the one I usually have on, and turn on and off the others as the mood fits. Have fun with it!! :-)

Robert
March 12th, 2007, 02:09 PM
The BM works really well with other pedals, I have to say. It's not the end of OD pedals, but for the money, da Monkey is a great little green stomper.