PDA

View Full Version : Hello Jamsters!

Stratcrazy
March 11th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Hi there. I'm Steve and I've been playing guitar for 27 years. Like you all, I suffer from gear lust on a daily basis. I play out 3-4 times a month to legitimize my rock star status. (at least in my own head) Gear I am using currently is.....

2 older MIJ Fernandes 60's style Strats
Godin ST Artisan Signature
2 Guild FS-46ce Guitars (rare 80's solidbody acoustic electrics)
Seymour Duncan Convertilble 100 Watt Amp
Bad Cat Two Tone Pedal
Ibanez UE300 Multi Pedal (vintage analog compressor,tube screamer,chorus)
PODXT LIVE
Roland Micro Cube (white)

See you all around.

helliott
March 11th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Welcome, Stratcrazy. That sounds like some kind of combo pedal that combines all that stuff. As you've been around a while you probably already know that this is a very cool place with lots of passionate players. Hope you enjoy as much as I have so far.

tot_Ou_tard
March 11th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Welcome stratcrazy!! How do you like your Godin ST Artisan? Izzat the one with 3 rail pups?

How 'bout that Bad Cat Two Tone pedal?

warren0728
March 11th, 2007, 08:27 AM
welcome Stratcrazy....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
March 11th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Welcome Stratcrazy - glad you joined us. Now, how'd you like the PODXT Live?

sunvalleylaw
March 11th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Hi Steve Stratcrazy! Thanks for the intro. As I stated on another post, I love your avatar. I'm Steve from Sun Valley. I am a relative newbie. Have fun here. I sure do.

Spudman
March 11th, 2007, 11:23 AM
So now we have at least 3 Steve Strat guys. Does that mean we win? Steves and their Strats take over the world, news at 10:00.

Welcome to the forum from one of the other Steves.

Stratcrazy
March 12th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes folks!! Just think...in a few more years we will all be able to jam out together on a forum such as this!! Won't that be cool? To TOT: My Godin has the rail pups in it and they sound amazing!! This guitar is as nice as an Anderson or a PRS. They no longer make them and you can still get one on Ebay for around 5-600 bucks. You will never give it up!! The Bad Cat Two Tone is the best thing since Oreos!! I leave the clean tone on my Strats and it gives me tonal girth. The dirty side will make a solid state Crate sound like a 3000 dollar Class A tube amp.

Robert: I enjoy your videos. That's you right?? My PODXT LIVE is an amazing tool. It does a ton of things that I'll never even get to. I use it right into the board playing out and it sounds killer. It's a real back saver. In the studio it's a gem too. It has a whole section of presets as well for throwing in front of an amp. Even if a sound in another section floats your boat then you can remove the amp model with one tap so it won't compete with your amp tone. Great stuff and I would buy one for all you guys if I was rich!!

I will be stopping in more often to do the shop talk with you. I am always buying gear and will seek advice from time to time.

Sun Valley Steve....wish we could spank planks sometime!!

Robert
March 12th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Yes, that's me! I have a Line 6 Toneport that I am truly digging. It isn't out of the question that I'll get one of those POD XT Live units, but then I think I'd need a different amp that is made for the purpose, like the Atomic amps. We'll see what the future holds!

M29
March 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Welcome Stratcrazy!

M29

aeolian
March 12th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I am not StratCrazy; I like ALL guitars.

I have a Godin ST-IV. It is a great playing guitar.

aeolian

Stratcrazy
March 15th, 2007, 07:55 AM
and here's mine not Stratcrazy.......

SuperSwede
March 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Those Godins looks awesome, is it photoburst or a real burst?

aeolian
March 15th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Those Godins looks awesome, is it photoburst or a real burst?

As real as they come. The unusual thing about these Godins (which they no longer make) are that they have a maple body instead of the more typical alder or ash. Mine is a more plain piece of wood, whereas Stratcrazy's has natural binding and a birdeye pattern. Actually Stratcrazy's Godin is the only other one in the same color as mine that I have even seen. What a coincidence.

Looking more closely, I don't know whether they are the same color, but the lighting makes it hard to clearly tell.

aeolian

sunvalleylaw
March 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Are those single coil size pups rails, meaning humbuckers? And the big bridge humbucker on aeolian's, let's hear about that. Man those guitars are beautiful.

aeolian
March 15th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Are those single coil size pups rails, meaning humbuckers? And the big bridge humbucker on aeolian's, let's hear about that. Man those guitars are beautiful.

The blades are stacked buckers. The humbucker is a regular humbucker. On my ST-IV there is a push-pull tone control knob that adds a tone circuit to one of the coils of the selected pickups (according to the spec sheet that came with the guitar) to give it more of a single coil sound.

I have a recording that I know I did all the guitar parts with the Godin. Don't remember what pickup combinations I used though. And you probably don't want to judge the tone of the guitar by my playing. The tune is called "Chinese Takeout", the link is:

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/takeout.mp3

aeolian

SuperSwede
March 16th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Aeolian, your guitar sounds really good and so does your tune.. I want to hear more of your music!

Tone2TheBone
March 16th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Welcome Stratcrazy! I'm catching up on my welcomes please forgive me!

Sblack
March 17th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Welcome!

I think I was bitten with the "Strat-craziness" bug, too. The problem is . . . I need one!