PDA

View Full Version : I Just Bought A New House

t_ross33
March 11th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Can't believe we took the plunge. We were casually "on the lookout" for a new and bigger abode and set a goal to be in a new house by Christmas (though it was more of a wish than a goal).

My wife looked at a privately listed house and once I saw it I knew we had to make it happen! I currently share a 3 bedroom double-wide "trailer" with my lovely wife and 3 lovely daughters. With no basement, no music room, no where for Dad to hide :D

The new digs have 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, 3/4 ensuite in the master bedroom, big bright kitchen/dining area, covered deck, 2 car garage, over 1500 square feet on a lot and 1/2.

Here's the kicker: the house was set up at one time with a basement rental suite so there is a full kitchen downstairs. My wife has her own catering company and the health inspector has indicated that we should be able to get it certified as a commercial kitchen with little trouble - meaning she can work out of the home!

I'm totally stoked. I'm looking at pictures of Warren's music room for inspiration!! We take possession July 15!

Now I have to get all those little projects done around this house so we can list it and sell it before July :eek: :(

Thanks for "listening"! Party at my place (soon)!!!!

Trev

sunvalleylaw
March 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Congrats!! Homeownership is a good thing for a family!

Spudman
March 11th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Wonderful! After being a road dog for most of my life I can relate to how good it feels to have an actual home. I now own one too. I'm happy for you...and me. Now I'll have a decent place to stay when I come through Sas next time. :D

Jimi75
March 12th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Cogratulations on your acquisition. According to your description it sounds like your lifestyle is gonna change, especially when your wife can work from home and you will have your music room.

My wife and I own a flat, but in the near future we would like to own a house, too.

Good luck to you!

Jimi

Tim
March 12th, 2007, 04:14 AM
T-Ross – Congratulations on the new home. I am sure everybody will enjoy it. The kids for one will really like the bigger home. The wife for her business. Make sure you secure a small corner of that basement. Even if it means putting up some walls to construct your’ get-a-way.

My present home will be going on the market this afternoon. As soon as it sells the misses and I will be relocating to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I sure hope there are a few guitar players up there!

Good luck on the closing of the home and I hope you get many fun and happy times from you new home.

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Fantastic news t_ross!