PDA

View Full Version : Add Treble Bleed Capacitiors to the Volume Controls and Purchased a DVD

Tim
March 12th, 2007, 04:32 AM
I went to Guitar Center this past weekend. I was looking for .001uf capacitors to add to my volume controls of my Custom Telecaster. I want to add a treble bleed circuit because of the loss of treble when turning gown the volume at softer moments during a song. Alas they did not have any capacitors!

As I was walking out I picked up a copy of Fretborad Roadmap DVD. This instructional DVD for Guitar is narrated by Fred Sokolow. The DVD comes with a small booklet but it looks like I will need to purchase the larger book also. Total cost is about $35.00. I am hoping this DVD and book will help me break through this mental block I have in improvising solos over mp3s and backing tracks. I do not understand why I am having so much problems with soloing. I was looking at the Bill Edward’s Fretboard Logic package for $99.00. That was a little beyond my wallet at the time.

Anyway I went by RS and purchased a few .0001uf capacitors and installed them last night. I am interested in hearing what difference adding the caps made to my tune at lower volumes. I will find out Wednesday night.