PDA

View Full Version : Put a Celestion G10 in my AD30

aeolian
March 12th, 2007, 10:06 PM
and the amp sounds so much better. It took 8 months before I finally got around to doing it, and it is well worth it. Special thanks to duhvoodooman for the detailed instructions to how it is done. Took all of 40 minutes.

aeolian

tot_Ou_tard
March 14th, 2007, 06:42 AM
and the amp sounds so much better. It took 8 months before I finally got around to doing it, and it is well worth it. Special thanks to duhvoodooman for the detailed instructions to how it is done. Took all of 40 minutes.

aeolian
I agree on both counts (I used Vood's photo essay when I made the switch).

duhvoodooman
March 14th, 2007, 06:46 AM
:D :D :D ...........................

Fingers
March 14th, 2007, 02:13 PM
How does it sound better.............?

Do all of the different models sound better.....or just the ones you use?

duhvoodooman
March 14th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I'll let Aeolian comment on his own experience, but when I did this to my AD30VT, I found that it smoothed out some harshness in the highs, and firmed up what tended to be a rather flabby sounding bass. Though probably most noticeable in the clean models, I think they all benefited. The high gain amp models definitely ended up with better bass articulation with the upgraded speaker.

aeolian
March 14th, 2007, 05:51 PM
It is pretty much what Voodoo pointed out. I have played through more than half of the amp sims with the G10 now and they all sound better. The clean sounds are cleaner still without the occasional boomy bass that I use to get. I thought the high gain were mushy before and now they may give me useable sound now.

I will say that the difference is that each note seem to be more focused in both the clean settings and the high gain settings. I thought I may have to break in the speaker for a while before improvements may be evident. Turns out the difference is immediately noticeable. I played it Monday night at my jam and I can definitely hear the difference.

aeolian