PDA

View Full Version : Jam with a Southern Rock BT

Justaguyin_nc
March 13th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Have not seen any BT additions with fellow Fretters for a bit... so adding one.. this is about 5 minutes long..I filled the first minute... would love to hear some additions.. the Backing Track without me in it can be found in the backingtracks...

Justa_Southern_Rock
http://www.box.net/public/nbcziggse9

come on now...someone gotta like this BT...

:DR:DR

sunvalleylaw
March 13th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks Justa! I'll load into my looper and see what happens. I am just learning how to jam along with BTs. It will be fun to try a different one.

Jimi75
March 13th, 2007, 09:36 AM
That sounded pretty d@mn good Justaguyin_nc!
Your sound fit the backing track perfectly and at one point the melodie was very vocal like.

Cool job, very tasteful playing.

Let me see if I am goign to add another line to that backing track so we can have a forum's jam.

SuperSwede
March 15th, 2007, 11:45 AM
It sounds really good Justa! I´m a bit late, but I recorded something after your take, I hope you like it. I am still struggling with my new interface to get a decent sound/latency.

There is room left for more fretters to join in! :)

http://www.box.net/shared/721pf8xsum

sunvalleylaw
March 15th, 2007, 12:17 PM
So does that make you a SouthernSwede? Great to have fretters sharing takes on music again. I really enjoy listening.

Justaguyin_nc
March 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I´m a bit late

Your never to late Swede... excellent sound man.... thanks... missed your takes on backings... always a pleasure!!

SuperSwede
March 16th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Thanks, it was hard not to play "she´s got the look" (Roxette) over this backing... lol

I really liked your melody line Justa, I think that you have come a long way since you joined the fretnet! Keep on rocking :R

Hogfullofblues
March 17th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Good one! I,m listening while I type, and recognized you right away Justa. Sounds good and you have developed a distinctive sound and style to my ears. SS, you must live in southern Sweden (or maybe been eatin grits). Great sound and playin too.
I finally have a couple hours free to catch up on some posts and hope to try my hand at this too.

jasongins
March 17th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I'd like to take a crack at this one, but I need a little direction. Can someone give me an idea what key this is in and where on the fretboard it would be "safe" to play?

Justaguyin_nc
March 17th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I'd like to take a crack at this one, but I need a little direction. Can someone give me an idea what key this is in and where on the fretboard it would be "safe" to play?
Sorry I didn't mention that here jason... I did in the backingtracks area though.. it can be found there with no one playing over it.

It's D Cadd9 G melody... so I guess D would be a safe bet.. I dunno for sure whats safe or not... I like messing with it in D penatonic all over the fretboard.. Hope that helps..

Spudman
March 17th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I did a short quick take on this too. The mix didn't turn out the way I thought that I exported it, but still it might be alright. (shrug)

http://www.box.net/shared/hm16syvjjm

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Spud, very tasty guitarwork! I guess we all went a little south during this session :D

Justaguyin_nc
March 18th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I just knew Spuds would show up!! Must be living in Southern Ida-who.. :) nice take Spuds..always a pleasure and inspiration.. did you wear southern clothing during the making of this clip?

Spudman
March 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I just knew Spuds would show up!! Must be living in Southern Ida-who.. :) nice take Spuds..always a pleasure and inspiration.. did you wear southern clothing during the making of this clip?

Just my Skynyrd t shirt and my good ol southern Idaho flag draped over my amph.:DR

sunvalleylaw
March 18th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Yep, pretty nice you guys. Spud is from the southeastern part of Idaho, of course. I haven't listened to any southern rock in a while. Justa, thanks for starting this up!

Hogfullofblues
March 18th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Got a new geetar today, so skipped doin the taxes and played some (for a change). Fingers hurt now, so heres a listen.

http://www.box.net/shared/4cq8bvvl3a

Just tuned it and played. Will post on it after I check it over better.

Justaguyin_nc
March 19th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Got a new geetar today

Now that is something you don't read around here to much :rolleyes::p

heh... Nice job Hogs... enjoyed the ending.. that filled this one and can't wait to read about the new guitar.. had a good sound to my ears.

SuperSwede
March 19th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Sounds good Hog! :)
I might have missed that, but what guitar did you get?

Spudman
March 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Just as a reminder...anyone can go back to any position other than the first and start the whole process all over again. That way more people can join in even though one version has been competed.

Hogfullofblues
March 19th, 2007, 05:55 PM
It's an Epiphone DOT Deluxe Flametop. So far, so good. Will be posting on it soon.

Justaguyin_nc
March 20th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Just as a reminder...anyone can go back to any position other than the first and start the whole process all over again. That way more people can join in even though one version has been competed.

I sure would like to see someone start this one again.. like the sound of this backing.. anyone?

duhvoodooman
March 23rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Okey-doke, here's the first minute added to "Southern Rock Take 2":

http://www.box.net/shared/ber9nso9rc

Nashville Tele, bridge/middle pickups; ZYS in stock-TS mode/50% drive; Peavey Delta Blues clean channel.

SuperSwede
March 24th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Dvm, now that was a zonkin´recording. Nice melody!

Justaguyin_nc
March 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Nice one DVM... some southern blood running thru that tele... nice tones.. glad this one was picked back up..