PDA

View Full Version : Stringing a guitar video

Robert
March 13th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I made a video last night, check it out. This is how I string my guitars (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/lesson-48.php).

Comments?

6STRINGS 9LIVES
March 13th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Thats a great idea Robert , beginers sometimes dont know the propper way to string up , and this will be a great help .I stretch the crap outta my strings and put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the saddles .. excellent post.

sunvalleylaw
March 13th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Yep, this Newb likes it. I have watched my local tech string my strat just like that, but was thinking I wanted to watch someone again before I did it myself. You might consider adding a discussion of order of string replacement, your view on how many to remove at once, etc. Thanks for thinking about the simple stuff for us getting started!

Sblack
March 13th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I've been playing for a while, and this never gets old. Stringing up the way you demonstrate is essential to staying in tune. Excellent post, Robert!

Hogfullofblues
March 14th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I appreciate that, Robert.
Seeing it done is much better than just reading about it. Now I'm prepared for my first re-string, whenever that my be!

aeolian
March 16th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I find this extremely useful. Of course I also cheat by having locking tuners on some of my guitars.

aeolian