PDA

View Full Version : J. Depp to play F. Mercury!

Jimi75
March 13th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Johnny Depp is supposed to play F. Mercury in a "Queen" movie.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=26228

I think this is great news, as Depp is a true actor and I can clearly see him playing the extroverted Freddie Mercury.

Just read what the article says, Robert DeNiro is also involved.....

:DR

6STRINGS 9LIVES
March 13th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Cool Jimi .. I think Depp will nail Freddie , cant wait to hear the high registers ...

Robert
March 13th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Wow, that is so cool! Can't wait to see that one. Depp is a great actor, and I really dig/dug Freddie and Queen. Fantastic band.

sunvalleylaw
March 13th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Wow, I can't wait to see that. That is a MUST see in the theatre with the big speaks!

carp3nt3r
March 13th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Ahhh, but the real question is... who will play the main "love interest"?

isnt that a convoluted situation, wonder how they will address it.?

carp3nt3r.

warren0728
March 13th, 2007, 07:15 PM
depp should nail the role no problem...the question is will keef make a cameo appearance as freddie's dad! :eek:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
March 14th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I agree Depp'll nail the role.

Hey Warren: now serving hamster at breakfast?

warren0728
March 14th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Hey Warren: now serving hamster at breakfast?
that's my new breakfast chef in training..... :D

ww

Spudman
March 14th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I wonder if they'll make Johnny's teeth look like Freddie's. Anyone ever notice how bucktoothed Freddie was? It was like he continued to suck his thumb until he was 20 and messed up his teeth.

Danzego
March 14th, 2007, 05:49 PM
I wonder if they'll make Johnny's teeth look like Freddie's. Anyone ever notice how bucktoothed Freddie was? It was like he continued to suck his thumb until he was 20 and messed up his teeth.

Do I take the easy joke or just let it go? :confused:

Fine, I'll leave it be. Just know I was thinking it. :cool:

warren0728
March 14th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Do I take the easy joke or just let it go? :confused:

Fine, I'll leave it be. Just know I was thinking it. :cool:
i wrestled with the same dilemma .... :D :eek:

ww

Spudman
March 14th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I make a pretty good straight man, huh? :cool:

You guys have amazing restraint.:D

Danzego
March 15th, 2007, 09:07 PM
You guys have amazing restraint.:D

You don't even know the half of it, Spudster. Thing is, I DON'T have any restraint, so the dilemma this whole thing has caused me is amazing. Every time I think of the punchline to the joke, I start chuckling and get the mad urge to forget about taste and go ahead and post it anyway.

Only thing stopping me is that I don't think Robert would approve. Mind you, it's always been in my nature to defy authority, which just adds to it.

This isn't turning over a new leaf. It's pure hell you're putting me through. ;)

Spudman
March 15th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Sorry to cause such anguish.:p

I suppose we can all be thankful that Freddie gave so much of himself that we have a lot of great music to enjoy our lives to. Just think, boom boom chuck, boom boom chuck. Of course...We Will Rock You...and he did.

There better be a lot of music in this movie and not just a bunch of stupid acting stuff.:DR

Fingers
March 16th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Yeah........Johnny is going to play Freddie:D now.............I had to turn it down as I did not think that I could dub the guitar parts for Brian AND play Freddie at the same time.............................

As it is........I have had to turn down playing Brian's part:DR including playing the guitar as I have had a better offer......................well, actually I have to tidy my sock drawer and match up some pairs........then of course there is the garage to paint and the lawn to cut.................They will just have to find someone else for the film..................:rolleyes: