PDA

View Full Version : BOSS digital delay DD-3

f1point7
March 13th, 2007, 09:03 PM
hi guys, i've got a lil problem with this lil pedal.
it just won't switch on!
everytime i press the pedal, the LED will light up but upon release, it'll switch off again. anyone here knows what's going on?

thanks in advance!

Spudman
March 13th, 2007, 10:10 PM
You might need a new switch. My Tubescreamer did the same thing and I just replaced the switch.
It was a little plastic thingy, and I found one one the main auction site we all know about. Look there for a Boss pedal switch. It took minimal smarts to replace mine so I imagine yours should be easy as well. Best of luck.

You can also try spraying a bit of contact cleaner into the switch and see if that works. Take the back of the pedal off so that it can drain then spray the cleaner where the shaft of the switch goes up and down (near the battery - it's the little black square thing with a post sticking up out of it). You might also be able to get access to the back of the switch to spray there instead. Just be careful not to spray the circuit board or much of anything else.

Mark
March 13th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Is the mode knob on the "hold " position? I just tried with mine and thats how it works in hold mode.

f1point7
March 14th, 2007, 12:12 AM
thanks guys, i suspect it might be this 'hold' switch thing. and if it is, i'm gonna feel extremely dumb. dumber than usual that is ;)