PDA

View Full Version : Happiness is...(Tele content)

Tone2TheBone
March 14th, 2007, 07:51 PM
...a great tone happening on the Tele with the neck and bridge pickups...after a week long fishing trip sans guitars......ahhhh

Just sayin'. :)

Spudman
March 14th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I hear ya. Camping and backpacking is pretty tough when I have to go for days with...nothing. But coming home and cranking is like an 8 ball rush. Ever notice how the guitar that you thought sounded like crap before you left sounds priceless upon your return? I have.:)

SuperSwede
March 15th, 2007, 04:08 AM
...a great tone happening on the Tele with the neck and bridge pickups...after a week long fishing trip sans guitars......ahhhh

Just sayin'. :)

Yup, but dont neglect your Paula. She is known to be quite jealous, and even though she is burned by fire she looks rather good ;)

Tone2TheBone
March 15th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I hear ya. Camping and backpacking is pretty tough when I have to go for days with...nothing. But coming home and cranking is like an 8 ball rush. Ever notice how the guitar that you thought sounded like crap before you left sounds priceless upon your return? I have.:)

Spuditude - I don't know what you are talking about sir all my guitars always sound good! :DR

SuperDuper - I donned the Gibson last night too and played some Green Day while my daughter sang. Makes me wish I had a PA dude! She sings good!

SuperSwede
March 15th, 2007, 10:56 AM
SuperDuper - I donned the Gibson last night too and played some Green Day while my daughter sang. Makes me wish I had a PA dude! She sings good!

You should record something next time! Perhaps she could be lured into playing some easy power chords on your guitar as well?

Tone2TheBone
March 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM
You should record something next time! Perhaps she could be lured into playing some easy power chords on your guitar as well?

She got a Casio keyboard for her birthday and she is deligently working on learning some songs on her own it's awesome to see! I think the timing was right this year because she is in chorus at school and so she now has a keyboard to help her with her music theory "homework" and it helps her practice her singing. She's really into Evanescence (Amy Lee) so her gift is going to be used. I'm glad she is inspired by this gift as she's better adept at the piano.

ShortBuSX
March 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
You gotta get you a 3/4 scale Strat! I scored one for $80...and then a friend gave me a ciggerette pack amp...I take this stuff almost everywhere, but fishing could be difficult. But it still pales in compairson to a new Tele....Id be going through withdraws as well.

PS love the Page Tele avatar!

Tone2TheBone
March 15th, 2007, 04:25 PM
You gotta get you a 3/4 scale Strat! I scored one for $80...and then a friend gave me a ciggerette pack amp...I take this stuff almost everywhere, but fishing could be difficult. But it still pales in compairson to a new Tele....Id be going through withdraws as well.

PS love the Page Tele avatar!

Actually the way I fish I could easily haul an entire amph and a couple of guitars! I stayed at a motel near the river I was fishing. I hardly ever camp anymore what being so old and all. ;) I'm too spoiled anymore! :D

The reason I didn't take any guitars with me was because....well...I simply forgot. Last time up I took my acoustic and this time I left on such short notice that I didn't even think to take anything. I went up alone too and met up with some friends...I could have easily put some stuff in the truck but I welched! "I'm a welcher didn't I tell ya..." (Al Pacino - Scent of a Woman quote) HAH!

The only problem I see taking guitars and stuff is that I drive to several locations on the river and park there all day long. I'd hate to leave my stuff in the truck like that ya know? I could probably take my Strat and my small battery powered Marshall amph. I could toss my fishing gear bag over those to hide them. The parking area at this river is usually full of vehicles due to it's popularity and I've never had anyone try to steal anything from me either inside the vehicle or from the bed of my truck (such as ice chests etc.) Fishermen generally police each other and wouldn't go around stealing from their fellow fisherman. Still....I'd hate to be worrying about it while I'm on the river.

PS - Yes Pagey and his Tele make a fine combination I must say.

sunvalleylaw
March 15th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I think that is what a squire or sx "extra" strat might be good for (in addition to hanging in the office for breaks!). I would not want to subject my good guitar to car heat and/or cold and possible theft.

Tone2TheBone
March 15th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I think that is what a squire or sx "extra" strat might be good for (in addition to hanging in the office for breaks!). I would not want to subject my good guitar to car heat and/or cold and possible theft.

And in light of your comment I have to say a nice maple necked Squier in perhaps a red finish of some sort would suit nicely for this purpose. *nods* Yup. :)

ShortBuSX
March 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
And in light of your comment I have to say a nice maple necked Squier in perhaps a red finish of some sort would suit nicely for this purpose. *nods* Yup. :)

Sounds just like my Mini:D sans the maple neck.:(

PS - Yes Pagey and his Tele make a fine combination I must say.

The "Brown Bomber" is the reason I bought a Tele.

sunvalleylaw
March 15th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Sounds just like my Mini:D sans the maple neck.:(

The "Brown Bomber" is the reason I bought a Tele.

Heavyweight champ Joe Louis caused you to buy a Tele? I have heard of rationalizations . . . but . . . :D

sunvalleylaw
March 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM

I keep thinking about a double fat squire (candy apple red would be nice!) for such an axe. Good for playing around with mods too! Sheesh! I guess camping gives me GAS. ;)

ShortBuSX
March 15th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Heavyweight champ Joe Louis caused you to buy a Tele? I have heard of rationalizations . . . but . . . :D

No silly...the brown tele in his avatar.
http://www.nymphusa.com/arrow/bbs/jpage.jpg

There arent a whole lotta pick of this guitar online:(

sunvalleylaw
March 15th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Ya, that is a nice pic!!! :-)