PDA

View Full Version : Live Gig Updates

t_ross33
March 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM
For those following the continuing saga :rolleyes:

The Barley Boys played a dance a few weeks ago. Pretty good crowd and we had lots of fun. Got a little more practice setting up and tearing down our gear - packed and loaded in 40 min! Here's a pic from our soundcheck.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/PIC_0146.jpg

The very next weekend Mid-Life Crisis played a dance. To date it has to rank as the best freakin' time I've ever had on stage. The crowd was off the hook! Everyone was up and dancing all night and we definately left them wanting more. Our stage sound was the best we've ever had it and we were as tight as can be - we just kept setting them up and knocking them down! Awesome.

Last weekend MLC played again to a much different crowd. Older to start with, so we had to bust out some old-timey country waltzes, shuffles, two-steps etc. The crowd thinned out by 10:30 but those that stayed were up dancing as we started into our rawk n rawl stuff. They closed the bar at 12:30 :confused: and in the middle of one of our rawking-est sets, they turned on the lights and started taking down tables and stacking chairs. We took that as our cue and were packed and loaded and sitting in the local watering hole before last call! Weird. They liked us, want us back, just not a crowd for staying up too late. Oh well, a good time was had by all and we made it home before 6:00 am for a change. Oh, I also got a chance to play our bass player's Gibson LP - haven't done that for awhile, now I'm GAS'ing for one as well as a Tele. My wife thinks I'm nuts: "Didn't I just buy you a new guitar for Christmas!!??!!. At least I know you guys will understand :p

Our MLC experiences have been going much better lately, so it may be premature to predict the demise of our foursome. As "The Barley Boys" (i.e. three piece) we have a couple of gigs booked in April. I can't wait to get back out there! Thanks once again for listening to my rant!

Trev

Spudman
March 15th, 2007, 09:45 PM
All good Trev. It's great you are gigging...so...that means that you can certainly justify owning more guitars.:D

sunvalleylaw
March 15th, 2007, 10:48 PM
That's great Trev! Keep on rocking in the free world!

SuperSwede
March 16th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Trev, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.. but 12:30? Was the bar located right next to a retirement home or something? :p

Robert
March 16th, 2007, 07:39 AM
That's cool Trev. Keep being busy playing! I have a gig myself tonight and tomorrow. Rock on!

Plank_Spanker
March 16th, 2007, 08:15 AM
The very next weekend Mid-Life Crisis played a dance. To date it has to rank as the best freakin' time I've ever had on stage. The crowd was off the hook! Everyone was up and dancing all night and we definately left them wanting more. Our stage sound was the best we've ever had it and we were as tight as can be - we just kept setting them up and knocking them down! Awesome.

Trev

There's nothing quite like the feeling of setting a crowd on fire and, once tasted, there's no going back. :D

Makes all of that cat herding worth the effort, doesn't it? :DR

t_ross33
March 16th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Makes all of that cat herding worth the effort, doesn't it? :DR

Meow! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8) :D

This one's for you, Planker:R

EDIT: Hey, THESE GUYS (http://www.herdingcatsband.com/home.asp) get it!

Sblack
March 17th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Sounds like an awesome time, Trev!

Nice rant, and I always like to hear about the fortunate ones that can play out.

I soon hope to have a group of guys to play with. Right now there are too many "serious" groups looking for "lable/management interest" around New Jersey. Once I find a grounded group of married dads with busy careers, we can all be on the same page as far as commitment to a band.

Love that HB30!

Leonidas
March 17th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Thats awesome trev. Sounds like such a great time.

I'm having a hard enough time in my area finding people to jam with... :(

t_ross33
March 17th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Sounds like an awesome time, Trev!

Nice rant, and I always like to hear about the fortunate ones that can play out.

I soon hope to have a group of guys to play with. Right now there are too many "serious" groups looking for "lable/management interest" around New Jersey. Once I find a grounded group of married dads with busy careers, we can all be on the same page as far as commitment to a band.

Love that HB30!

Thanks Sblack. THAT is the whole point - nobody wants to wants to be famous or land a recording deal. No big egos to deal with - just gettin' out and rawkin' as much as possible.

Just checked out your YouTube videos (very cool) - I'd like to see what you could do with an HB-30!! I like her a lot, very sweet.

Trev

warren0728
March 17th, 2007, 09:26 AM
very cool trev....i think gigging would be a lot of fun....i have friends in bands and one day will play live on stage...it may only happen once but it will happen!!

ww

t_ross33
March 17th, 2007, 11:49 AM
very cool trev....i think gigging would be a lot of fun....i have friends in bands and one day will play live on stage...it may only happen once but it will happen!!

ww

Gigging can be a blast - or a lot of work. Depends on the night, crowd etc. We got a friend of ours up to play guitar a couple of weeks ago. He's pretty good, but a bedroom player. After playing in front of about 200 frantic (and half plastered) dancers, we couldn't have wiped the grin off his face with a shovel to the head :D

WW, you can join us anytime on stage - but you may want to change out of the plaid shorts. It's still a little breezy here in the frozen North ;)

Trev

tot_Ou_tard
March 19th, 2007, 06:27 PM

ww
You can always play at a pancake breakfast at the local firehouse. :D