PDA

View Full Version : Man, we're gonna get hammered here today!

duhvoodooman
March 16th, 2007, 07:30 AM
And I'm not talking about altered states of consciousness! There's a coastal storm working its way up from the south, and they're predicting 18" - 20" of snow for the Albany area starting this afternoon and running to about mid-day Saturday. We haven't gotten much total snowfall here this winter, and December and January were unbelievably mild. But this will be the second 18"+ snowfall we've had in about a month. A string of mild days and rain earlier this week had gotten rid of most of that snow, but looks like we're going to get it all back. Hopefully, the warmer weather will be back in a couple of days....

Spudman
March 16th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Might be a good time to just get cozy and stay in the house. Maybe do a bit of tinkering?;)

duhvoodooman
March 16th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I expect to wear out a couple of solder iron tips this weekend! :D

warren0728
March 16th, 2007, 09:56 AM
:eek: man stay warm and safe!

ww

aeolian
March 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I expect to wear out a couple of solder iron tips this weekend! :D

Just remember when you stick that soldering iron down your pants to keep warm to remove it promptly ;-)

Tim
March 16th, 2007, 02:03 PM
We Floridians will try to send warm air without the storms in your direction. I have been working around and outside the house today in shorts and tee shirt. I even broke a sweat. Actually I have the air turned on because of the high humidty outside. How goes it with you Warren???

warren0728
March 16th, 2007, 02:51 PM
We Floridians will try to send warm air without the storms in your direction. I have been working around and outside the house today in shorts and tee shirt. I even broke a sweat. Actually I have the air turned on because of the high humidty outside. How goes it with you Warren???
same here tim...just took a nice cool shower after a little yard work, put on some plaid shorts (of course) and i have the a/c cranked....we might go canoing tomorrow!! :D :DR

ww http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-002.gif

t_ross33
March 16th, 2007, 04:58 PM
You guys make me sick with your a/c, plaid shorts, nice weather etc. :mad:

Here in the Skatch it still looks pretty much like this:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/PIC_0087.jpg

Warmer weather is (slowly) making it's way up North. Gonna be a balmy 35 degrees F (or +2 C) :cool: Bustin out the board shorts!

Keep your stick on the ice!

Trev

ted s
March 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
The past few days here melted most of our snow, it started up again a couple hours ago, I think it's the sloppy seconds of what DVM's getting... Hey Voooood ! what's happening now ?

Tim
March 16th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Hey T-Ross - It looks like the same picture as before. Well maybe different snow, but the same color of white. We are getting green down here. Let see what the weatherman says:

Saint Augustine, FL
75°F
Mostly Cloudy
Wind: NW at 12 mph
Humidity: 53%

Looks good to me.

t_ross33
March 16th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Hey T-Ross - It looks like the same picture as before. Well maybe different snow, but the same color of white. We are getting green down here. Let see what the weatherman says:

Saint Augustine, FL
75°F
Mostly Cloudy
Wind: NW at 12 mph
Humidity: 53%

Looks good to me.

Nice. Rub it in :D Yeah, I cheated and used the same pic from January, but it still looks much the same. We've had a long haul - snowed Oct 15 and has stayed since. I'm ready to start mowin' my lawn, sittin' on the deck (of my new house) and sippin' on a pint O' Guinness (Happy St. Paddy's by the way!) - Oh, I guess I have the Guiness thing covered already :D

Trev

Justaguyin_nc
March 16th, 2007, 06:32 PM
The Dogwoods are blooming here in North Carolina.. Washed the Car and truck yesterday... broke a sweat... thank goodness for air conditioning.. the heat is comming... But not the Hurricanes..;)

Spudman
March 16th, 2007, 07:59 PM
This is too bizarre. We are supposed to be the ones that get those spring storms. I live at 4,300 feet and it was 70 degrees today so I went for a nice long bicycle ride. It was only 5 degrees cooler than it was in St. Augustine Florida. It would be nice if citrus fruit would grow here though, but we don't have any bugs.:)

duhvoodooman
March 16th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Hey Voooood ! what's happening now ?
10:50 PM and just came in from snowblowin' the driveway (carefully, Marnold! Thanks for the reminder.... :eek: ). There's about 8 - 9" down and still snowing about 1"/hour. Supposed to keep up all night. I'd say 15" is in the bag and 18 - 20" is a real possibility. Maybe some pix for everybody tomorrow....

sunvalleylaw
March 16th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I just sold some skis to a guy on ebay from NY who is hoping to get some late March skiing. Looks like he should get it!! Our skiing is leaving fast. But, it is Idaho. That could change, and we could have a snowy, blustery weird spring/early summer up to the 4th of July. Never know.

marnold
March 16th, 2007, 09:20 PM
10:50 PM and just came in from snowblowin' the driveway (carefully, Marnold! Thanks for the reminder.... :eek: ).
Glad I could be of service. The fingertips you save may be your own :)

tot_Ou_tard
March 16th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I lived in California for many years. 70's all year 'round can get to be a bore.

A sweet bore I agree...but there is more to life than a lack of snow.

duhvoodooman
March 17th, 2007, 01:03 PM
We ended up with about 16" here where I live. Less north & west, more south and east. Took a couple of photos for hoots & giggles:

ted s
March 17th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Nice looking neighborhood you have there Vood.