PDA

View Full Version : Hey, this is pretty cool....

duhvoodooman
March 16th, 2007, 08:40 AM
My friend Dave is selling his Marshall Jubilee half stack (see pic below).....to Joe Bonamassa! He had been thinking of selling it for some time, and was getting ready to list it on eBay, when he came across a reference in one of his guitar mags that Joe favored Marshall Jubilees. So he contacted Joe's management people and asked if there was any interest. Well, a few days ago, his phone rings and who's on the other end but Joe's dad, who is also a player. They exchanged some info and Joe's dad said he'd get back to Dave within a few days. So last night he called back and they worked out a deal! Joe is from Utica, NY, about 90 mi. west of here, and his dad still lives there. So they're going to meet at a NYS Thruway rest area midway between here & there and do the transfer, so Dave doesn't even have to hassle with packing and shipping. Joe is in Europe right now, and the amp will be shipped over to him for use during this tour. Cool stuff! :DR :DR :DR

Tone2TheBone
March 16th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Jubilees yeahhhhh! :DR

Spudman
March 16th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Sounds like a Marshal in a baggie deal. Don't get caught. :rolleyes: :)

warren0728
March 16th, 2007, 09:52 AM
that is really cool!

ww

Tim
March 16th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Envy is all around me. Make sure he gets an autographed picture!

Tone2TheBone
March 20th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Btw what happened with the dealio? Did Joe get his new amph? I'm chiding Robert for not buying that Jubilee when he had the chance. :)

Robert
March 20th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Man, that is awesome. I can't believe your friend wanted to sell it in the first place though - it's a freakin fantastic amp! Just ask our friend Tone....

Don't worry Tone, I'll just buy it off of Joe Bonamassa.... :D

tot_Ou_tard
March 20th, 2007, 05:35 PM
You could show up at the NY thruway rest area & outbid his dad.

Danzego
March 20th, 2007, 08:58 PM
You could show up at the NY thruway rest area & outbid his dad.

Or come up with some other method to "procure the goods". :eek:

*pictures Robert with a nylon stocking over his head, saying "give me the amph and no one will get hurt* ;)