PDA

View Full Version : Wearin' O' the Green!

sunvalleylaw
March 17th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day you guys!! Robert, hope your gig went well.

Here is a little jig for you guys, from an Irish point of view, just for fun. :D (note the green smiley).

http://www.theelectrics.co.uk/audio/grassisgreener.mp3

Tone2TheBone
March 17th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Ar've got me grrrreeeen on tah-deyyy laddie! A fine fine Happy St. Patty's Day!

Spudman
March 17th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I took mah lil 8 year ol' lassie up her first mountain t'day and we stood in the green ourselves.

Translated: Mrs. Spud, our 8yr old daughter and I climbed a peak just outside of town and stood in the green grass on top of it, and that's how we celebrated St. Patrick's Day. It was a stunning day in the 70's and the crows and seagulls were soaring on the breeze just out of our reach, and a herd of 10 deer across the draw found us quite interesting enough to watch.
Splendid!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/matschoolandhike3-17-07031.jpg

sunvalleylaw
March 18th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Great shot, SpudSteve! We had the last day of the Freeride ski team I coach and partied on down, sans green beer of course. Skiing was great, but a little more late spring than early spring for my taste. Fun anyhow though.

tot_Ou_tard
March 18th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Sounds like fun Spud & nice photo too!

warren0728
March 18th, 2007, 05:55 AM
cool spud...great photo...beautiful country! have never been out your way...maybe it's time!

ww

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Fantastic photo Spud! You sure have a lot of hills!

Spudman
March 18th, 2007, 08:35 PM
The area that you see in the background was an ancient ocean a long, long time ago. It was called Lake Bonneville it was huge and extended south into Utah. It broke through the mountains to the left and flooded the Snake River plain with a 60 foot high wall of water. Good thing I wasn't here.

Robert
March 19th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Nice pic! Wow, hiking in shorts... can't do that here today. Freezing cold and windy.

Our gigs went well. We learned some Irish tunes in the last minute and of course we messed them up quite a bit at the gig, but people liked us and were dancing.

We had jammers on the stage at the end, which made it go a little longer than necessary. I was so tired yesterday, I could barely move.

One of the kids videotaped Friday's gig, so if there's anything good on the tapes, I'll let you know (and share some footage with you of course...)!