PDA

View Full Version : VoxAC15CC

TS808
March 18th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I just traded in my Vox AD100VT for a Vox AC15CC with the Vox/Wharfdale speaker. With my having the Vox AD60VTH already, I wanted to have a small tube combo that didn't rattle the house and maintained a good tone at moderate volumes and even bedroom levels.

By the way, I did a comparison between the AD60VTH and the AC15CC and the Valvetronix nails the tone dead-on.

The AC15CC is an awesome little amp. It won't give the chime of an AC30 but the cleans can sparkle. Crank the volume and lower the master, and you get a nice Vox crunch. The amp takes pedals extremely well: I run a TS9, a Boss Fuzz, and a Boss OD-3 through it with excellent results.

The tremelo on the AC15CC is not tube driven, but is excellent. You would never guess it was digital or analog.

The reverb is a different story however. It is essentially useless, and my guess is that it is digital or analog. On VERY low settings, it is okay, but the higher you go, it almost sounds like a cheap delay pedal, and there is a noticeable "fizz" in the tone and the decay is long and drawn out.

This is a cool little amp for home playing, and could probably do well at small gigs.