PDA

View Full Version : Dead Flowers

stingx
March 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Here's a Stone's cover of Dead Flowers.

I used Band in a Box 2004 to compose the backing of piano, bass, and drums. I still haven't mastered programming this software and the end measure has a bit 'o a funny ending.

I exported the backing as a wav and then did the rest of the recording in Cubase SE where I must have layered 5 guitar tracks in this mix :) I used my PodXT for the guitar. Vocals were performed using my Shure Beta 57A microphone.

I plan to redo this at some point because I feel the backing could use improvement but I am happy with the rest, especially the guitar tracks.

Hope you enjoy. Here's the track:

http://www.box.net/shared/jp0d9nodvm

sunvalleylaw
March 20th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks Pete. I enjoyed listening to it in the background as I was working earlier. I want to study how you constructed it a bit later. Nice work as always!

tot_Ou_tard
March 20th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I love that song & you did a nice job on it Pete.

Justaguyin_nc
March 21st, 2007, 12:54 AM
Sting nice playing.. great voice.. it all seemed well done , even the band in the box.

Jimi75
March 21st, 2007, 04:34 AM
Wow! I enjoyed listening to that track very much. The guitars are superb and the vocals are awesome! Do not change anything, the overall feeling counts and in my opinion the feel is great.

Hogfullofblues
March 24th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Agree - sounded real and real good to me - like it just as is. Well done!

R_of_G
May 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Very well done! Your playing and your voice sounded very good on the recording, and I think you're better at Band-In-a-Box than you think you are. Also wanted to compliment on your choice of Stone's covers. My friends and I have played this song as well, and it is among my fav Stones' tunes. Well done!

zeusse
May 13th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Man I haven't heard this tune in years excellent job StingX I have Band in a Box but don't use it maybe I should