PDA

View Full Version : A fret net rookie needs some help so please help me!!!

booyah2626
March 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I need some advice and I mean ADVICE.

I am a bass guitar beginner and have been playing a bad guitar for about 6 months but I'm learning some great songs as well.
The dillemma I'm having is what to get for a new bass guitar.

I now have a crappy and I mean crappy, memphis bass guitar that has alot of dead spots.

I'm selling that because its a piece of junk and want to upgrade as much as I can without degrading my wallet as much as possible.

So I looked around and the best guitar I've seen for cheap is

http://www.music123.com/Fullerton-Cutlass---Bass-Guitar-i291100.music

its a fullerton cutlass bass (99$)

It looks like it has active electronics and the price for whats there is great

please respond so I can have some good advice to base my decison on.

Please give me some advice!!!

Spudman
March 20th, 2007, 06:33 PM
That looks pretty good to me. Heck for the price it's a steal. The nice thing about 123 is that if you don't like it you can send it back. I'd say go for it unless you are ready to be a major player and are willing to spend $500-$1,000.

booyah2626
March 23rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
thanks for the response but I'm still skeptical about a 500$ plus guitar getting marked down so much and the quality . Also I don't know what to look for for the materials or "specs" on the guitar. For example when looking for a bass guitar what is the most valuable thing, neck material, pickups or bridge.

-well again thanks for the response and I"m looking forward to anyone that can give me a tip on the guitar and if it is a good buy

Spudman
March 23rd, 2007, 06:41 PM
For $100 I'd get it if I were you. A new bass with those features at that price is unheard of. Besides there is a return policy with 123. No worries.

r_a_smith3530
March 29th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Before you settle on this, you should check out what Rondo has to offer in their SX line. A number of folks on this forum (including myself) have bought SX bass guitars and had good luck with them. On mine, a fretless jazz clone, I replaced the pots and jack (inexpensive upgrade if you can solder), and I also put a Badass II bridge on mine. It plays wonderfully!

Robert
March 30th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Plus 2 on the SX bass! I love mine, a jazz bass.

M29
March 30th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Plus 3 on my SX jazz bass but I still need to learn more on how to play it.:D

M29

pie_man_25
March 30th, 2007, 04:44 PM
yeah, it looks AWESOME, but i don't shop online, so I wouldn't know about the policies. I'd say GET IT!!!