PDA

View Full Version : What is higher quality? Epi LP or ESP viper

Duff
March 20th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I have tried out some Epi LPs and like them okay. I have also tried out some ESP LTDs and really liked them. I tried a LP style ESP EC-100 Quilted Maple that I really like. Sounds really nice but doesn't have separate vol and tone controls. Also played the ESP Viper 100 flamed maple and really liked it. I am considering a Epi LP studio heritage cherry sunburst and have not found it anywhere around here to test out. The closest I could get was a Epi LP 100 and it sounded and played nicely.

I have no idea of the quality of the ESPs. I had not heard of them and thought that they were of low quality, until I looked at them and played them. More experienced players here might be able to give me some feedback either on the thread or email me at mbolduc@dejazzd.com.

Thanks in advance.

Spudman
March 20th, 2007, 05:59 PM
The cool thing about a Les Paul is the 4 control set up. You can get a much wider array of tones and instant switching between them too. I'm not sure if the model ESP you are looking at will let you do that. Otherwise, both make great guitars.

Jimi75
March 21st, 2007, 04:20 AM
I have been playing ESP for almost 15 years right now. It is a fantastic guitar company and the LTD series is mindblowing quality for the price. You will not get this quality with any other company. I have played the LTD Paul and sold it to buy the original ESP Paul. The LTD was a tremendous instrument the ESP original is guitar heaven on earth.

Epiphone has improved their quality recently and all Epis I have played were great instruments too.

What I like with LTD and ESP is that you feel the passion those guitars are built with. Epis have more of a mass production character, but if you chose the right one they are great,too!

Tinky-Winky
March 25th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I know for certain that ESP's "Edwards" Les Pauls are truly excellent instruments, so I'm sure that the standard ones they offer are very good as well.

ShortBuSX
April 24th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Whats the difference between Edwards and Ltds?
Im totally fascinated now...I never paid any attention to ESP except for raging metal stuff...I never would have considered one till now(and back in the 80s).:DR