PDA

View Full Version : Ok you Swart users....

Tone2TheBone
March 21st, 2007, 03:48 PM
...fess up! You know who you are! :)

We want to know about all the fun you guys are having with your Atomic Space Tones and your 6v6SEs. You guys are holding back man and that ain't cool! :D

Robert
March 21st, 2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah, come on! We want to hear more about these little beasts of tone! :)

Tone2TheBone
March 22nd, 2007, 02:51 PM
Bump...................

Mark
March 22nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
6V6se former owner here I just sold mine to finance my passion for old Fenners up to four amps now. The Swart was a little powerhouse everything you read about em is true nice cleans and creamy OD when pushed. It is a tweaked 5F2 Fenner circuit and one well built amp. Id highly recommend to to anyone. Im just addicted to the old ones it seems.

tot_Ou_tard
March 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Never heard of these before. I took a peek at the website, they look really cool. Thanks, Tone!

uuuummm...anyone wanna give me one? :D

Tone2TheBone
March 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
tOt - sure you're welcome!

Markski - So which Fenner was it that you got? Was there a thread about it that I missed? You need to update your equipment profile man. :)

aeolian
March 22nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
I have one. My only regret is I don't get enough time to play mine much.

Mark
March 22nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
tOt - sure you're welcome!

Markski - So which Fenner was it that you got? Was there a thread about it that I missed? You need to update your equipment profile man. :)

Heck Tone I thought I posted maybe I didnt. I hope the Fret police dont come an git me for violating the failure to disclose gear act of 1995. :D Ive been hunting and getting deals on these old Fenner's I buy em do a through cap job re-tube bias and new speakers then play the carp out of em. I dont mod or bastardize them I leave them as Leo intended. Only exception is proper 3 prong grounded cord and I do add a bias adjustment pot where needed. I just love these oldies. Im up to four right now and always prowling for more:DR

1964 Deluxe Reverb AA763(one of the earliest model)
1964 Princeton 6G2 this is a Black tolex example of the Brown one
1969 SF Princeton Reverb Blackline Drip edge
1968 SF Vibro Champ Drip edge

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Bigredhog/Amp%20Build/DSC01014.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
March 23rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
Spectacular Mark!!!

dddrrrrrrrroooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooolllllllllllllll l!!!!!!!!!

Here's an interesting read (with clips & tones of cool photos) on Swart Amps.

http://www.steelbender.com/spotlightswart.html

Robert
March 23rd, 2007, 07:20 AM
Holy Spaghetti! So which one is your favorite?

Oh man, I'd like to come over and play those amps RIGHT NOW!:eek:

Tone2TheBone
March 23rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
On my way to Ventura next spring I'm stopping by your house Mark! Great little collection of Fenners!

bigG
April 17th, 2009, 09:00 AM
6V6se under the Reviews section. I am absolutely gahgah over this beauty!