PDA

View Full Version : Live clip of our band

Robert
March 22nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Here is a live video clip (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-36.php) from last Friday, when we played our first official gig. Unpracticed to the max, but what the heck.

This is a country song called "Two More Bottles Of Wine".

Let me know what you think. And excuse the bad sound. And the playing. :o

Here's also Master of Disaster (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-37.php)from that night.

tot_Ou_tard
March 22nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Great country rocking Robert. Too bad the sound was a little muffled, but it sounded great.

sunvalleylaw
March 22nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
Made me want to get up and dance around! Her voice reminds me a little of a youngish female blues vocalist/guitarist. Name escapes me for the moment.

Spudman
March 22nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Cool! The one thing I really liked Robert is that you aren't like the new crop of players who constantly flick their hair back and forth. Good on ya mate.:DR

t_ross33
March 22nd, 2007, 07:50 PM
Hey that's cool Robert! I love that song (especially the Emmylou Harris version - I luv Emmylou :) ). Nice pickin' brother :cool: :DR

Hogfullofblues
March 22nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Yee-Hawww. You was picking' and i was grinnin'. Great job!

Robert
March 22nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks guys! One day I hope to have us recorded with better sound.

Cool! The one thing I really liked Robert is that you aren't like the new crop of players who constantly flick their hair back and forth. Good on ya mate.:DR

Well, that's because I ain't got much left to flicker back and forth with! :D

Jimi75
March 23rd, 2007, 02:31 AM
Hey that was cool! The singer is pretty good.
You really got some brownish sound going on there, not that typical country twang thing! This gave it a little more rock flavour.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hear the bass player that well.

Very danceable music - seems you guys have a lot of fun.

stingx
March 23rd, 2007, 07:19 AM
Pretty good for a raw live recording. You can tell from the video that you guys are tight. No need to apologize for any part of this production at all. I enjoyed this and my foot was tapping the entire time.

Robert what camera do you record your videos with? I am very impressed by the videos you make and how well they look even compressed for the web. On that note, what software do you use and what are your preferred settings for the clips to be used on the web?

Robert
March 23rd, 2007, 07:24 AM
Thanks mates. I used my Sony DCR-TRV 33, and I use Windows Movie Maker that comes free with Windows. I save the files as WMV files, at 512 Kbps. The WMV video format is pretty amazing - it compresses a lot but doesn't take away a lot of quality.

warren0728
March 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
nice job robert...had my toes tappin!!

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 23rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Pretty cool Roh bear. You need to smile though dude. hahaha Performance performance performance! ;) Just teasing I though that was really good.

Sblack
March 23rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
I checked out the clip and loved it. You guys looked like you were having fun, and the music was tight.

. . . love those country pickin' double stops.:)

marnold
March 23rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
I must say that I was disappointed. I watched the entire video and never ONCE did I see Robert grimace musically. There was not so much as one single pelvic thrust. And you call yourself a guitarist.

(Note to those with an impaired sense of humo(u)r. This is a joke. I really did enjoy the video. Honestly. He combined more high-quality licks into that one song than I've played in my entire life. I can only do the musical grimacing. Pelvic thrusts are likely to result in hip injuries.)

t_ross33
March 23rd, 2007, 01:07 PM
I must say that I was disappointed. I watched the entire video and never ONCE did I see Robert grimace musically. There was not so much as one single pelvic thrust. And you call yourself a guitarist.

Yeah. What IS up with that? Seriously, dood. Ya gotta work on that. Maybe this will give you some inspiration, complete with flippin' hair! :DR

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/guitarface.jpg

Or this guy

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/PIC00006.jpg

warren0728
March 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
don't let them bother you robert...derek trucks is one of the best guitarists alive and he barely moves or smiles when he plays.... :DR :R

ww

Justaguyin_nc
March 23rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
Hey! I seen Rob Bend once in the video..that was during an intense part of his playing..he gets 5 stars for that!!

Excellent Video Rob, and Myra does have a voice.. would enjoy a nite at the local bar with this band playing!!

Question: Is it hard on the drummer to tone it down in those smaller clubs.. seems like he was holding back for the noise levels.? and did pretty good at that!

Robert
March 23rd, 2007, 02:36 PM
Hehe, I guess I need to watch the air guitar shows more.

I think for most drummers, it's hard to hold back and play soft. Yes, he was holding back.

Hey, I have more clips from that night with an extremely animated Robert. At the end, I smash my guitar on the coffee maker and set the drums on fire. Wanna see?

sunvalleylaw
March 23rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Hehe, I guess I need to watch the air guitar shows more.

I think for most drummers, it's hard to hold back and play soft. Yes, he was holding back.

Hey, I have more clips from that night with an extremely animated Robert. At the end, I smash my guitar on the coffee maker and set the drums on fire. Wanna see?

But of course!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperSwede
March 24th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Nice video Robert, you donĀ“t have to excuse yourself for that gig! *thumbs up*

Robert
March 25th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Here's one more for ya from that night - Master of Disaster (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-37.php), a great John Hiatt song.

warren0728
March 25th, 2007, 09:36 AM
cool robert....sounded good....but you really need to mellow out while onstage ;) :p

ww

Sblack
March 25th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Awesome song and impeccable playing, Robert. I think the ACH-1 worked in fattening up your tone. It gave your tone some space and depth. Maya has a superb sense of pitch and tone in her voice. You guys sound great!

sunvalleylaw
March 25th, 2007, 10:46 AM
That was really great! I like John Hiatt songs, and you guys do nice job of it. Your guitar and Myra's well pitched, gritty voice work really well together!

Hogfullofblues
March 25th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Cool! The one thing I really liked Robert is that you aren't like the new crop of players who constantly flick their hair back and forth. Good on ya mate.

Just wondered how that hair thing might work out.