PDA

View Full Version : Earvana nut ?

Hogfullofblues
March 23rd, 2007, 02:18 PM
Read a glowing report on this but never heard of it before, so looked it up.

https://www.earvana.com/

Interesting and I think I grasp the idea behind it. Anyone ever see one before?

stingx
March 23rd, 2007, 02:46 PM
Read a glowing report on this but never heard of it before, so looked it up.

Interesting and I think I grasp the idea behind it. Anyone ever see one before?

Aye. Great innovation. I am a believer in it. The ESP I am about to buy has it.

Spudman
March 23rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
I've got one on a Strat and it really makes a big difference. The notes in the chords sound way more harmonious together. It really turned an OK Strat into a great sounding Strat. Great small change investment. Highly recommended.

tot_Ou_tard
March 23rd, 2007, 07:55 PM
I have been contemplating getting one for about 5 months. I am a sucker for tuning (I've got a Stobostomp2).

Spud, StingX, how easy is it to install?

Spudman
March 23rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
I have been contemplating getting one for about 5 months. I am a sucker for tuning (I've got a Stobostomp2).

I had mine done by the Ibanez tech. Quick for him but I think that you then have to readjust the bridge intonation. So I guess I wouldn't know.

stingx
March 24th, 2007, 06:49 AM

I've never installed one. I've played guitars of friends that had them installed and the new guitar I am getting has it already installed stock.

Jimi75
March 24th, 2007, 05:13 PM
My LTD Deluxe Eclipse had it and it was sooooooooooo great!!!! Unbelievable to be honest.

My ESP Eclipse that I bought last year has no earvana and I constantly think of upgrading it, but I fear losing my sound on that ESP....on the other hand sometimes I am fat up with the tonation issues nad earvana just blows them away.

tot_Ou_tard
March 24th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I guess that I'm still in the same boat. I'd like to try it, but am nervous about f*ckin' with my nut.

... This post makes its own jokes....:D

Spudman
March 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Don't worry about messing up your nuts. It's real easy to restore your nut to the original should the Earvana nut not get you off. Just make sure that who ever does the nut job keeps the old nut. The Earvana just glues in to the regular nut slot. No carving mods needed. The spot where your nut goes stays pretty much in it's original condition. That's why they are so cool...you get that valuable vintage guitar sounding better than it ever has, then if you need to you can restore it back and not suffer for messing with your nuts.

tot_Ou_tard
March 25th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Don't worry about messing up your nuts. It's real easy to restore your nut to the original should the Earvana nut not get you off. Just make sure that who ever does the nut job keeps the old nut. The Earvana just glues in to the regular nut slot. No carving mods needed. The spot where your nut goes stays pretty much in it's original condition. That's why they are so cool...you get that valuable vintage guitar sounding better than it ever has, then if you need to you can restore it back and not suffer for messing with your nuts.
It was gonna be me that did the nut job, no worries about the valuable vintage...don't have one. I was gonna put one on my cheapie Ebay Godin SD with a stripped truss rod nut.

LagrangeCalvert
March 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I guess Im just weird. I like LSR rollers. I have them on both my guitars. To me they make the guitar easier to play. I can deal with a little intonation problem. Unless your doing nothing but open chords and the like, exact intonation gets lost behind the drums, bass, keys, and vocals. Thats my opinion. Bone, Graphite or Brass/roller nuts to me make a HUGE difference in tone and playability.

Spudman
September 10th, 2007, 10:00 PM
It's been a while since I played my Earvana equipped Strat, but I did today.
I must say that this guitar just sounds fantastic the way the notes sound in tune all the way up the neck, and the most noticeable thing is that chords sound, well, amazing. All the way up the neck they sound great. Fuller and more harmonically rich. Around $27.

I have to say that this inexpensive investment is worth every penny. If you don't like it simply put your old nut back on, but you'll love it for sure.