PDA

View Full Version : Springsteen signed Tele to be auctioned Tonight!

sunvalleylaw
March 23rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, Bruce Springsteen has signed, then donated a re-issue 1952 Telecaster, blonde with maple neck, serial number 55520, to be auctioned off (live, tonight, 8:30 mountain time) to benefit Carl Praeger, a local ski instructor here in Sun Valley battling cancer. The guitar is a re-issue of the guitar Bruce first learned to play in his teens in Freehold, New Jersey. It is signed: Best, Bruce Springsteen. I picked up and held the guitar and it is beautiful.

Carl has had multiple surgeries to remove tongue cancer. Carl has skied with the Springsteens for multiple years.

If you are serious about bidding on this guitar, PM me within 45 minutes of this post so we can set up communications for the auction. The guitar will be sold tonight by live auction at 8:30 mountain time zone, (May be later if the event runs a little late.)

Thank you for reading about this auction. Carl is a long time local athlete and nice guy. A worthy cause!

EDIT: TOO LATE, I AM OFF TO THE AUCTION! I HOPE IT GOES FOR LOTS!

sunvalleylaw
March 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Ok guys, I am off, too late! Thanks for reading!

Tone2TheBone
March 23rd, 2007, 09:42 PM
Let us know how it turned out and who won.

sunvalleylaw
March 23rd, 2007, 10:22 PM
Let us know how it turned out and who won.

Well, bidding started out at $2500. ($1350 before shipping best price I saw online for an unsigned one). No one bit, so they backed on down to $1500. It went back up to $2500, and sold to a very nice local sports store proprietor, who strapped it on and looks like he can play some.

The benefit overall was very well attended, and I think was a big financial success for a nice guy. There was a vid of him skiing yesterday in slushy bumps and he is skiing as well or better than I have seen him ski. Amazing! He was a little overwhelmed, but in good spirits and sporting a nice smile and sparkle in his eye. :)

helliott
March 25th, 2007, 11:28 AM
It's geat that Bruce still does stuff like this. Lots of megastars don't. Does he have some connection to the people involved?

sunvalleylaw
March 25th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Yes it is great that Bruce will do stuff like this. We have lots of celebs come here, and he is among the most gracious. And, yes, there is a connection. Carl is part of a group of instructors that skis and boards with the Springsteen family when they come. The event was very well attended and went off very well. The local musicians that played did a really nice job too!