PDA

View Full Version : Webstrings

Mark
March 25th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Have you folks seen these or used them ? I think Im gonna put in an order see how they are I like fresh strings cause my sweat gets to the strings pretty quick. I recently started using Fast Fret and it does help. Your thoughts gentlemen?

http://www.webstrings.com/electric_guitar_strings.html

kerc
March 25th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Those are my usual strings. I like them a lot...Nice sounds, last a long time. Only thing that I don't dig much is that since I live in a very humid area in the Tropics, they can get tiny rust spots if they're in storage for a long time...But that could be solved by silica gel or something, I suppose.

Anyway, they feel good, nicely flexible (they withstand a lot of bending without breaking), and sound nice.

:)

duhvoodooman
March 25th, 2007, 06:20 PM
They have some cool wallpapers on that site, too! Think I'll give 'em a try when my current 10-pack of D'Addario 10's runs out....

F_BSurfer
April 22nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
After the start of this thread I ordered up a couple sets of electric and acoustic put a set of xl lights on my agile and a set of the xl bottoms on my tele sound wise can't tell the difference between the D' Addario's that I use when i put them on a couple weeks ago they settled in real nice have about 20 hrs of playing on the agile will have to replace them soon I sweat alot so they are flattening out
After the price increase on the D'Addario bulk loose sets i am buying these might become my strings, only thing stopping me is supporting the local guy
Haven't tried the acoustic strings yet

abraxas
April 22nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
I have used both their electric and acoustic strings.

The electrics were quite good (very good for the price), reminded me a bit about D'Addario. But I find Pyramid strings just as good, if not better, and I can get them at a similar price in Europe. For the USA and Canada Webstrings are probably the best choice in terms of value for money.

The acoustics left me cold; Can't put my finger on it, but they were without personality and real "tone". They were also quite stiff. Don't know, perhaps I got a bad batch, because I only tried 3-4 sets.

I sincerely believe it's best to buy cheap strings and change them more often, than more expensive ones. DR Strings have fabulous tone, but at the same price I can get 3 sets of Pyramids or 2 sets of SIT which give me most of the tone for a lot more time.