PDA

View Full Version : How about an SX SKY model?

Robert
March 26th, 2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.rondomusic.net/product950.html

Looks pretty sweet! :DR It does say SRY on the pickguard, doesn't it?

For $110, it's pretty tempting to get one of those...:rolleyes:

duhvoodooman
March 26th, 2007, 04:09 PM
No, it actually says "SKY", which I guess would stand for "Stevie Kay Yaughan". But a little work with a small chisel or similar cutting tool and some black plastic filler could fix that right up, huh? Boy, they got it to look really close to the $1500 "real thing"! Tempting indeed!

Hogfullofblues
March 26th, 2007, 04:55 PM
No kidding, really looks sweet. Even has the "lefty" wang bar.

sunvalleylaw
March 26th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Has anyone played with that "lefty" whammy bar? I don't even use my "righty" as yet, but am curious.

ted s
March 26th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Nice call DVM, I didn't notice, I just assumed at a quick glance.

TS808
March 26th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Oh Geez....a "SKY"???

First thing I would do is change that pickguard :D

Hogfullofblues
March 26th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I read somewhere that SRV switched to the lefty cause that's how Hendrix's setup was (but opposite) and he was trying to get into Jimi's mojo.
Then I heard an interview with SRV where it called it a "wang bar". That has a slightly different meaning around here, actually.
But whatever you call it, I have not messed with much either at this point.

TS808
March 26th, 2007, 07:05 PM
SRV's guitar may have even been like that when he purchased it at the pawn shop or wherever he got it (with the lefty trem). There are some great stories about that guitar in his biographies. Check out the articles too about Fender when they were doing the SRV signature guitar....they were amazed at how the guitar was routed and plugged for that tremelo. Even moreso, the guitar had been broken near the headstock, and the repair, according to the Fender guys who examined it, was better than anything they ever saw.