PDA

View Full Version : Fancy dinner gig

Robert
March 26th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Here's a photo from Saturday's gig. It was a "Black Tie Event" - a fund raising event, organized by the Rotary Club.

We played "cocktail music" - kinda boring since people was just walking around drinking and talking, didn't pay too much attention to us. Paid well though, and was short and easy.

There was a dance band that played later that night. The guitar player and the drummer had in-ear monitors, and they played to a backing track on a laptop. The drummer had those electronic drum thingies. The guitar player had a POD XT Live, and he had awful tone. Probably didn't set up his sounds very well. It was also very hard to hear him, since he played through the PA, competing with everything else (4 vocals, backing track, drums and whoknowswhat). Summary - it would stink to play in a band like that, because it was also "karaoke-like". Thank goodness for loud tube amps and real drums! :R

sunvalleylaw
March 26th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Hey Robert! I think that was almost guitar face you were making in that shot! :DR Glad to hear you are getting some gigs. Sounds like fun, even when it is just the cocktail stuff. :)

jasongins
March 26th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Hey Robert....looks like fun. You gotta bring the '51 to a gig and post a photo.

marnold
March 26th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Hey Robert! I think that was almost guitar face you were making in that shot! :DR
Ya beat me to it! I would've sworn that was a musical grimace.

SuperSwede
March 27th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Robert, it looks like you have polished the Squier! It still looks brand new :)

Justaguyin_nc
March 27th, 2007, 05:48 AM
dude, ya'll got the pro look going on here.. slick... it must of paid really good..look at that smile!!

tot_Ou_tard
March 27th, 2007, 06:50 AM
I am constitutionally incapable of hearing live music & not paying attention to the band. Where do these loonies come from? I was at an event once with a killer, & I mean killer, gypsy jazz band a la Django. I planted myself right there (a bit off to the side so as not to block the view) & listened intently to every note. Fantastic!! Everybody else was making small talk with their friends while completely ignoring this little miracle....amazing.

Jimi75
March 27th, 2007, 07:20 AM
The Frettieth Century
Presents:

D O N R O B E R T O

In

The Guitarfather

snarph
March 27th, 2007, 07:35 AM
HEy Dude you clean up real perty

duhvoodooman
March 27th, 2007, 07:44 AM
And if perchance you had hit a bad note (not that it would ever happen!), you could always duck behind that big bush on the right of the photo! ;) :D

Tone2TheBone
March 27th, 2007, 08:53 AM
'Bout time you smiled! The tie works well on you Rob but on the girl.....no. *shudders* Call me old fashioned. ;)

warren0728
March 27th, 2007, 09:10 AM
The tie works well on you Rob but on the girl.....no. *shudders*
hey tone....i don't think she cares....looks to me like she's given everybody "the finger" :eek: :D ;) :DR

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 27th, 2007, 09:18 AM
hey tone....i don't think she cares....looks to me like she's given everybody "the finger" :D ;) :DR

ww

(looks at the photo)

LMAO! People used to ask me all the time why I was flipping them off when I played. hahaha Looks like we know the same chord. :p

Danzego
March 27th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Looks like we know the same chord. :p

Yep. While we all know that to be a G, it sure looks like an "F chord" to me. ;)