PDA

View Full Version : Gibson L6-S? Anyone?

LagrangeCalvert
March 27th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I saw one of these in a local music store I do business with. The owner is selling it consignment on Ebay for a customer. I looked it up and its a awesome guitar, and would complement my collection, BUT, he is wanting waaaay to much for it and I don't want to tell him he's off his rocker cause I have been doing business (well my mother has at least and I have since I was 13... im 25 now) since I was six. I want this guitar but I only feel its worth 350, and he wants 600+ for it. Its a mid 70's model that has been put thru the ringer. What do I do? Do I stiff up and tell him no way, your out of your mind, or do I jump on it. I looked up the guitar and it CAN go from 150 (modded from OEM) to 600 in prestine condition. Its in alright shape with no case. Help me fretters!:DR

duhvoodooman
March 27th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Something I often do is to look through eBay completed auctions and see what the same model in similar condition has brought there. If you can find some matches, it gives a direct comparison of what people are actually paying.

Spudman
March 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
The L6S was almost my first good electric guitar. I went for an ash Strat instead.

Unless it's in perfect shape I feel he's a little high. True, they aren't made any more but it's not that great of a guitar to begin with so the price shouldn't be very high. $450 maybe for a little Gibson history.

hubberjub
November 27th, 2007, 08:07 AM
The L6s was a great guitar. The maple body and the chrome pickups with the rotary switch gave it a bright, almost strat like sound. I would love to find a decent used one. They've been going on Ebay for way too much. I've seen a few go for almost $1000.

mrmudcat
November 28th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Carlos Santana and Keith Richards both used these and Bill lawrence had his hand in designing/making them.The pups are his design also .They have been going for $500-1000 on ebay,in all sorts of conditions!(with without cases) I've never seen these for $150 or really $350 for that matter even in a trashed out condition. I agree with spudman $400-500 seems fair for a mid 70's historic gibson.(IMHO) These 70's and 80's gibsons are going to go up in price and have already!:Dude: