PDA

View Full Version : Epiphone Birdseye Les Paul at Music 123

Spudman
March 29th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Two thumbs up!

The wine red is for sure worth the meager price. It's under 3 bills. The guitar is made in China and the deal at Music 123 is only good until Saturday March 31st. So if you have some change burning a hole in your pocket and want a Les Paul you'd better be quick.
http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Birdseye-Exclusive--Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-(Closeout)-i252517.music

You can make it less painful by applying for their credit card and choose up to 6 months no payments-no interest. If you already have a Music 123 card then the same offer applies.

The finish on the Wine Red is dark burgundy and looks solid from a distance but the Birdseye shows well under lights and up close. It's a real maple top and is bright sounding. The pickups are good and versatile. I haven't played at gig level so I don't know about microphonics. Neck is a medium thickness with Grover tuners and the nut is cut well. My only complaint is that the control knobs are down to the body. They will need to be lifted slightly on the shafts. The fretboard could use a little conditioner. The body is a big ol chunk of mahogany and I can't find a seam.

This is a limited run and can't be found anywhere else.

Danzego
March 29th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Wow....one big chunk of mahogany? Nice find on that one. :)

Check the bottom for seams if you haven't, though. That maple you see on the back and the top are just a veneer. The bottom side by the back strap button is where you'll really be able to tell what the thing is made up of (like I said, if you haven't already).

A pretty sweet looking veneer, I must say. :)

Good find, Spudmaestro. :)

Spudman
March 30th, 2007, 07:47 AM
The finish on the sides is pretty thick so nothing is visible. I did find one seam on the back. They did a super nice job of using the mahogany grain spacing to hide it. I'm aware that the top is just a veneer cap. It works, looks good and brightens the tone. The binding is well done. Nothing fancy but not sloppy. Great for Chinese. I'm impressed.

All in all, this one should stand the test of time.

grungeiceman
March 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
well, thats very depressing if it stops the 21st, becuase i dont get payed till the 7th and woulndnt be able to get it.... im going to look at teh music123 card maybe thats a possiblility...

Duff
July 12th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Spudman,

I'm really liking my birdseye maple Epi LP Standard. Just got a Crate Palomino V8 on that great MF sale. Sounds great thru that.

Duff
Winfield, Pa.

Spudman
July 12th, 2007, 07:31 AM
I'm loving mine too. It's my 'go to' house guitar now and the first one I grabbed to go jam the other night. Heck of a deal, eh?