PDA

View Full Version : Bought my new amp!

LagrangeCalvert
March 31st, 2007, 12:02 AM
I was in the market for a larger combo amp that I could get to make my rig easier to setup and take down at shows (my old rig was two valve JR's that were modded and a guitar research 4x8 cab that was loaded up with some celestion super 8's and I did some other things like wiring mods so I could run both heads into it. I also sealed up the cab better using some left-over solid slabs of poplar I had. That helped out the tone tremendously and I am still very happy with the sound of this rig. Its just a B*T^H to setup fast between sets and bands. Therefore I wanted a tone similar with some more balls and easier setup.

Enter the Peavy Delta Blues combo!

I got the 1x15 model and I couldn't be happier. I was actually saving up for a Epiphone blues custom 30 and I found this sitting there calling my name at Guitar Center. So I grabbed a standard strat off the wall and jammed out for a good 5 minutes. Walked away.... sat down at some other nice combos (you fenders and a mesa) but this amp just kept calling my name, so I sat there and try to find something I didn't like about the amp, and I could not find somthing (other than the weight...its a tube amp, I will get over it) that made me uncomfortable about the amp. So I bought it. and I Love it. Now this brings me to another issue that I think you guys will dig really swell and such.
That 4x8 cab I have, I can wire it to 8 ohms for an extension cab. The delta blues speaker is NOT defeated when you plug the ext cab in. So once that 15" blue marvel breaks in I will be plugging the rewired 4x8 cab into it. I'm so jonesing to find out what it will sound like. Any opinions or forethoughts on what it will be like? Im thinking its gonna be buttery goodness.

:DR

Spudman
March 31st, 2007, 01:26 AM
Great amph! Wise choice. You are going to like that one for a long time to come. Congratulations.

Stratcrazy
March 31st, 2007, 06:35 AM
Hey and congrats!! I think your 4x8 cab will sound really cool. Cabs can be funny though. I wouldn't expect quite the richness as the 15. I think you'll lose a bit of bottom end. The cool thing is that you should gain a tighter focus and a punchier midrange response. I think it will add some honk!! Tone is objective and this is just my opinion. Good luck and enjoy!! Rock on>

LagrangeCalvert
March 31st, 2007, 10:40 AM
well it would be driven @ the same time as the 15" speaker, so I think it would complement the low end grunt of the 15 very nicely , giving it a tighter lead sound and add 2 the sparkle on the clean channel.

duhvoodooman
March 31st, 2007, 11:49 AM
Excellent choice, LC! The Delta Blues is unbeatable at its price point, IMO. Two channels, reverb, tremolo, an effects loop and a speaker extension jack for not-much-$$$!

Sure love mine, esp. the clean channel. The spank from my new Tele through that is just unreal. Takes pedals great, too. NICE SCORE!! :DR :R :DR

TS808
March 31st, 2007, 12:28 PM
Good choice. Peavey makes a very good amp and the Delta Blues is really a tone monster. The Epi you were looking at, I've seen mixed reviews on that, so I think you made a wise choice. Congrats!

LagrangeCalvert
March 31st, 2007, 08:50 PM
Im jonesing to play it soooooooo bad cause its at our bands practice site ( a sound proofed room - thats another thread that you guys will like) and I cant play it till tues. Im rewireing my 4x8 cab then too so I can have it regular and with the cab hooked up.. My LP has a strat pup in the neck and a pearly gates in the bridge, with the 300K pots I put in this guitar is soooo mean. I get the new pups for my strat @ the end of next week. Then I move the jeff beck in the bridge to the middle, and put neck and bridge seymour duncan QP single coils in there, combined with my modded seven way pup selector ( I bought a push pull volume pot so I have a "neck on" switch. I can have (along with all the usual pup selections) the neck and bridge only, or all three on. I think with theese two guitars and my pedals ( a digi delay, a zack wylde wah, and a black finger compressor {tube driven compressor} from electro harmonix, I wont be needing ANY music related equiptment for a long time.

P.S. I didn't list HALF the other mods I have done to my two guitars.

As soon as I get my recording computer put back together(I blew up the hard drive) I will post some movies with pro audio clips ASAP, but it might be a few months.:( :( :rolleyes: