PDA

View Full Version : Almost BBQ time

Hogfullofblues
April 1st, 2007, 11:40 AM
Starting to warm up here finally. That means it's time to stock up the freezer with on sale pork products in preparation for a summer full of smoky BBQ. Just scored some baby backs, and as the unofficial rib king of Stag Island, Ontario, thought I would share an award winning rub recipe as I have noticed quite a few fretters are also cooks. OK, I'm a Yankee and all, but I'm trying.

4 T sugar
2 T salt
2 T brown sugar*
4 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder*
1 tsp onion powder*

*these are often "moist". Dry them out on a cookie sheet, even in a warm oven, first.

Pretty potent, doesn't take a ton, but if you like to put in on heavy, you might want to cut back on the chili powder and salt some. Rub in at least 2 hours ahead of time so it can go to work.
Can't wait to get smokin!

Spudman
April 1st, 2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the recipe. It's warming up here too and all the cats are running loose. Should be a good BBQing summer.:rolleyes:

The bumper sticker on our commercial 4 grill cooking wagon: "so many cats - so few recipes." :D

DaveO
April 1st, 2007, 03:48 PM
One more advantage of living in the sunny south land. I manage to cook on the grill at least once a week, all year round. Pork mmmmm. :D
Dave

SuperSwede
April 2nd, 2007, 03:10 AM
Hog, thanks for the recipe! I must try it out.

Tone2TheBone
April 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Same here DavO. I've been grilling pretty much all year round too...even when it did snow.

Jimi75
April 2nd, 2007, 08:59 AM
Yesterday, I went out for a walk with my kids and one of our neighbours took advantage of the beautiful weather and grilled some fat steaks. Man, that smell......uuuhhh that smell, can't you smell that smell, the steak that's around you.......

Anyway, for this weekend I have plans for a huge BBQ and I am looking forward to grill each and every day in the summer!

DaveO
April 2nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks Jimi that made my wife ask "What is so funny on there?"

Jimi75
April 3rd, 2007, 04:48 AM
Thanks Jimi that made my wife ask "What is so funny on there?"

Makes me happy to hear that!
You are welcome DaveO!