PDA

View Full Version : 25k USD for Eddies Replica ;-)

Jimi75
April 2nd, 2007, 08:52 AM
I do not exactly know what Fender tries to do there, but I remember all the talks before the Rory Gallagher signature was built. In the end you could buy it for approx. 2.500 € / USD. Good price for the heavily reliced guitar.

But then they built Clapton's Blackie and it cost twice as much as my car and now Van Halen's Frankenstein replica.....for 25.000 USD.

http://www.mattsmusic.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=EVHFRK&Category_Code=EVH

Seriously, I am hyped at times when it comes to buy new equipment or new products enter the market, but these prices are a GAS blocker *lol*

SuperSwede
April 2nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
For that kind of money you could probably convince EVH to sell you the real deal.

t_ross33
April 2nd, 2007, 04:25 PM
For that kind of money you could probably convince EVH to sell you the real deal.

Uhm........ not a chance! :D Recent estimates figure it would sell for well over 1 million if it were auctioned off today. Looks like a mangled piece of crap IMHO, but it's one of the most recognizable gits from one of the last great guitar heros of our generation (begin discussion on current stable of "heros" here: _______).

Not my cuppa tea, but it's worth whatever someone is willing to fork over :rolleyes:

EDIT: Those authentic reflectors on the back must have been hard to find, so research labour alone must be driving the price up. I could have dug them out of a farm machinery parts catalogue and saved them some bucks, but nobody asked me :p

LagrangeCalvert
April 4th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I too believe that is the pepto bismal of guitars. Why in the world would you pay that money for someone else to beat up a guitar for you? Heres a novel idea: If you do this magical thing called playing music with said guitar (and your rougher than any other time you have played in your life.....for the next 20 years) it might look like that piece of whale dung one day. What a waste of money.

Moral of the story: Buy a kit/guitar/whatever......make it your own, unique and find your own sound.:rolleyes:

ShortBuSX
April 5th, 2007, 09:15 AM
After I had originally saw that they were selling these, I found out there is an entire forum devoted to building a "Frankenstrat"...I still kick around the idea of building one, but even that wouldnt be cheap...but it would be fun!(and its not like you could screw it up!)