PDA

View Full Version : Marshall JTM 30??

TS808
April 2nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
I just pulled the trigger on a mint JTM 30 2 x 10 that I got for a great price on ebay. I was looking for a small 30-watt combo with either 2 10's or 2 12's. I've seen mixed reviews on these on harmony central. Anyone know anything about these amps? They were discontinued in the late 90's from what I understand, and have good cleans and take pedals well. The negatives I've seen have been about reliability issues.

Robert
April 19th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Never heard of them. Let us know how you like it!

TS808
April 20th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Never heard of them. Let us know how you like it!

It's actually a really cool small combo that was made in the mid 90's I believe.
Since I put up the first post, I've played the amp quite a bit after grabbing one off of ebay.

Here's the specs: 30 watts, 2 x 10, Two channels. The controls are volume, gain, gain volume, bass, mid, treble, master volume and reverb.

I'm having alot of fun with this amp..for 30 watts, it's not surprisingly loud. I can have the gain, gain volume, AND master volume all at 12:00 without driving my wife crazy. When cranked though, it screams pretty loud.

It has a VERY nice clean sound for a Marshall, and the overdrive is sweet and not overwhelmingly brutal, which I like. Great for blues and/or classic rock.

Robert
April 20th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like a cool little amp. One day I'll get a Marshall too. I had a Marshall tube combo when I was 15 or so, stupidly enough I sold it. Back then it was all about heavy distortion for me...