PDA

View Full Version : Spot the Hair Metal Band

marnold
April 2nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
Take the pictorial quiz and see if you can pick 10 80s metal bands by their hair alone! I got 10 of 10.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20016362__20016359_,00.html

Somewhat shockingly, my wife got 8 out of 10. Ph34r the hair! She says it's because I make her watch "Metal Mania" on VH1 Classic.

sunvalleylaw
April 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Take the pictorial quiz and see if you can pick 11 80s metal bands by their hair alone! I got 11 of 11.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20016362__20016359_,00.html

:DR Ok, not quite to your lofty standards, but 10 of 11. Not bad, considering I wasn't that into hair bands. Thanks, that was fun!

Sblack
April 2nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
I got all eleven and did not even have to look at the choices given. :o

t_ross33
April 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
9 out of 11, but they had Axl wearing a goofy hat. Should have paid more attention to the Slash pompador :o I didn't see Great White Lion Snake anywhere :p

sunvalleylaw
April 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
I got all eleven and did not even have to look at the choices given. :o

I am not worthy!!:DR

Spudman
April 2nd, 2007, 08:46 PM
Too easy. How about if they put their current pictures up? Might be a different story.:D

Danzego
April 3rd, 2007, 01:06 AM
Same deal here...11/11 and didn't have to look at the choices before knowing who they were. :DR

I'll even up the ante by one and tell ya where Axl got that goofy hat- he obviously swiped it from rhythm guitarist, Izzy Stradlin. Go check out some other pictures of the band. I'm sure it shouldn't take long to find one where he's wearing a hat like that. :)

SuperSwede
April 3rd, 2007, 02:23 AM
I managed to get full score as well, but I had to chance on Cinderella. I never really listened to them!

Did they even have any hit songs? (I know that Spud will throw a brick at me for not knowing that :p)

Jimi75
April 3rd, 2007, 07:04 AM
11 out of 11!!! Yeaaahhhh, I know my hair metal bands well!

I love it having long hair again....think I'm gonna buy some hair spray tonight!

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2007, 08:13 AM
11 out of 11! I know Tommy Aldridge's curly 'fro anywhere!

Big_Rob
April 3rd, 2007, 08:23 AM
11 out of 11!

I am teh Jukebox Hero! :DR

marnold
April 3rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
I had to amend my original post. There are 11 pages to that survey, but only 10 pictures. Oops. Math never was my strong suit.

Danzego
April 3rd, 2007, 08:54 AM
I managed to get full score as well, but I had to chance on Cinderella. I never really listened to them!

Did they even have any hit songs? (I know that Spud will throw a brick at me for not knowing that :p)

Yeah. They were a great "second tier" hair band (as in weren't as popular as the big boys, like Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison, Bon Jovi, etc.) and had a few hits, like Shake Me, Gypsy Road, Nobody's Fool, and, probably most notably, Don't Know What You Got, 'til It's Gone.

Cinderella probably had one of the best sounds of the hair bands, especially once they hit their second album. I don't know what it is about Jersey Boy rock stars thinking they're Southerners, but they were of that notion, too (a la Bon Jovi, Zakk Wylde, et. al.). ;) However, they were much more bluesy about it than the others.

Oh, and I saw Cinderella live at a Poison summer tour 5 or 6 years ago. Man, oh man, did they sound absolutely phenomenal. They can still throw down just like they did back then, unlike a lot of those hair bands. :DR

But...I digress. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. :D

Big_Rob
April 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Oh, and I saw Cinderella live at a Poison summer tour 5 or 6 years ago. Man, oh man, did they sound absolutely phenomenal. They can still throw down

Cinderella must have blown Poison off the stage,

duhvoodooman
April 3rd, 2007, 09:44 AM
Hey, you cocky Fretters, this was pretty darn easy. 80's hair bands were definitely not my era or of any significant interest to me, and I still got all but one right. :p :D

sunvalleylaw
April 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
I had to amend my original post. There are 11 pages to that survey, but only 10 pictures. Oops. Math never was my strong suit.

Ok, so I was 9 of 10 then too.

Danzego
April 3rd, 2007, 11:49 PM
Cinderella must have blown Poison off the stage,

So to speak, yeah. I mean, don't get Poison wrong- they put on a heck of a show. I don't mean so much in how good are, though the guys have become better players with age. But you know, in a Kiss sort of way of putting on a good show (who I've seen twice, btw, during the 4th and 5th or 20th or so reunion tours. ;) ).

But yes, Cinderella didn't need all the lights and pyrotechnics and stage show in general to be the best band that night. The highlight was an acoustic version of The Last Mile that just left me dumbfounded. :)

tremoloman
April 9th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I got 11/11 also... it was fun :)