PDA

View Full Version : Vox AC30CC

Robert
April 3rd, 2007, 04:01 PM
Anyone tried the AC30CC amps? I am not going to buy an amp just yet - I have decent amps already. However, keeping an eye on a possible amp is okay. :)
So, I've heard a lot of good things about the AC30CC amps. The early models had reliability issues some say, but it seems to have been dealt with.

I was thinking about getting the head version. They are not that expensive, and the demos I've heard are quite impressive.

The other options for me are the Dr. Z Maz Jr or Sr.

I am only look for heads, not combos. If you know of any other heads with effects loop and great tone, without being ridiculously expensive, let me know. I don't need a multi-channel amp, with all my pedals.

My dream amp would be a Custom Audio Electronics OD-100, but they are beyond my budget.

TS808
April 3rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Robert
When I got my AC15CC1, I also checked out the AC30. Excellent amp and some nice tone from the 2x12 combo. I tried it with a strat and it sounded very good with the single coils.

Another nice 30-watt, Class A head is the Crate Palomino, and you'll save a little cash too with the Crate. Both are pretty loud, with good cleans, and also some nice bluesy overdrive. The Crate takes pedals real well too.

Robert
April 3rd, 2007, 08:19 PM
Ooooh, that Palomino looks sweeeet! Too bad there's no fx loop.

SuperSwede
April 4th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I tried the AC30CC when I bought my Godin, but I must really say that I wasnt so impressed. Dont get me wrong, it sounds good but not 1000k usd good. I have a friend who has a original AC30 and it sounds a lot better.

TS808
April 6th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Robert
Check out the Vox website. There's a video demo of the AC30. It's pretty cool.

samuelson
April 30th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I have a Dr. Z maz 38, a lonestar classic, a marshall 1974x and badcat panther to name but a few. I also have the vox ac30cch that I run through either a zbest cab or avatar with alnico blues and this amp is wonderful. I play it alot and it has that classic vox sound. after the badcat I'd say it's my most played, although the panther blows the doors off my others. the vox goes to gigs with the marshall and I have just about everything covered. It's a great amp and I've had no problems with it as of yet, and it's been 6 months of continuous playing. and go with the blues for speakers; a world of difference for vintage vox.:o

Justaguyin_nc
January 4th, 2008, 11:51 AM
ahhh found the nice video on Youtube ...

jI4tuvWAyys

Might just stick with the Toneport's version..
But I am really liking the sounds of an AC30

Robert
January 4th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Cool, that Vox is a great amp.

Man, Samuelson has some very drool-generating amphs! Wow, I wish I had those!

Samuelson, tell us more about them if you are around!

duhvoodooman
January 4th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Man, Samuelson has some very drool-generating amphs! Wow, I wish I had those!

Samuelson, tell us more about them if you are around!
I see from his profile that he hasn't been around since early Sept. Prolly too busy playing through that monster amp collection! Whaddya suppose he has for guitars?? :eek: "Lemme see, what'll it be today--the '59 Les Paul, the '54 Strat, the butterscotch Nocaster, ...."

sunvalleylaw
January 4th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I have liked the AC toneport models, the Vox models in the modeling amps, and the real thing in the local store. I might like the Hughes and Kettner tube amp discussed here before even better.