PDA

View Full Version : Summertime = Festivaltime

Jimi75
April 4th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I love the summer for the thousands of music festivals that take place. Especially here in Germany, we have quite a bunch of festivals that cover our small country throughout the whole summer.

Lyrically, there is music in the air and even if you are not able to attend the festival physically we have a load of tv transmissions, which is perfect for a bbq with friends and good music.

I was at the Rock Am Ring festival over the last years, it takes place at the Nuerburgring which some of you might know from the Formula 1 races. 150.000 people and 100 bands among them such greats as Metallica, Guns 'N Roses and so on.

This year will be a TV festival summer for me, but I am excited like a small child when thinking of the whole music that will be heard....

Are some of you guys attending a festival this summer????

sunvalleylaw
April 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I love fest time too, though I am removed from the action. Back in Seattle, there are quite a few, with Bumbershoot at the end of summer, Endfest, lollapalooza and the like. We get a few nice outdoor concerts here. Mostly classic rock guys or "adult contemporary" such as Bonnie Raitt, Keb Mo, Lyle Lovett and the like. The rumor is some version of Chicago is coming. Cetera has a place around here.

Jimi75
April 5th, 2007, 01:45 AM
I love fest time too, though I am removed from the action. Back in Seattle, there are quite a few, with Bumbershoot at the end of summer, Endfest, lollapalooza and the like. We get a few nice outdoor concerts here. Mostly classic rock guys or "adult contemporary" such as Bonnie Raitt, Keb Mo, Lyle Lovett and the like. The rumor is some version of Chicago is coming. Cetera has a place around here.

During my time in Seattle I have visited the "Bite of Seattle". This was agreat festival!

sunvalleylaw
April 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
During my time in Seattle I have visited the "Bite of Seattle". This was agreat festival!

I used to go to that one too, as well as "Taste of Tacoma". No aroma jokes please! We Tacomans can get sensitive about that! :D