PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Adam
January 10th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Hey there, I'm Adam, I'm from Manchester UK.

I (along with many others it would seem) Found this forum from visiting Roberts Dolphinstreet website, great website btw Robert. :)

I've been playing for about a year, but it feels like longer lol.

equipment i own:
Guitars;
Squier Strat
Yamaha Pacifica
Shine Telecaster
and the newest one
Squier Telecaster Custom I (bought it yesturday :D )

Amps;

VOXAD50VT - thanks to Roberts review, awesome amp!
Yamaha AC10... my first amp.

Pedals:
Zoom 505.
planning on getting a WAH pedal soon

I have enjoyed playing mainly rock, but over the past month have been really getting into playing blues.

anyway, thats about all i have to say about myslef. :)

SuperSwede
January 10th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Welcome Adam,

That was really a big bunch of guitars, tell us about that shine tele !

Adam
January 10th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Hey thanks,

The Shine (WF160) Tele is a pretty good guitar for the money i paid (£109)
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6261/picture0795fr.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture0795fr.jpg)
Looks really nice, and sounds great.. I had been planning on getting a squier tele at the time, but i chose the shine after testing it in the shop, and i was really loving it.

you can see its specifications here ( select from the menu)http://www.saein.co.kr/2005/proimg/eg01/

I guess i give this guitar a 7/10, the only bad part is i get some fret "buzzing" sometimes

warren0728
January 10th, 2006, 07:15 AM
welcome adam...glad you found us. I found this site via Roberts site too!

I'll give you the same advise i give the others....bookmark this forum because you will come back often!

ww

SuperSwede
January 10th, 2006, 07:35 AM
I love that mother of pearl pickguard, it looks real pretty :)

Katastrophe
January 10th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Welcome, Adam!

Robert
January 10th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Welcome to our club, Adam! Nice amp! :)

Adam
January 10th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Nelskie
January 10th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Adam - welcome aboard! I noted your B.B. King avatar, too. If you're into the blues, Mr. King's material is simply some of the best stuff there is. Do you have his "Live At The Regal" CD? If not, I'd highly recommend it. That's some amazing stuff right there, and a must-have for every fan of the blues.

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Welcome! Cool Tele, I like the pearloid pickguard. :)

Adam
January 10th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks again guys, and @ Nelskie

I don't yet have that cd, i've been playing blues (or trying to) for the past month or so, but thanks for the info about it, i'll check it out!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 10th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Hey Adam .. do you have all the snow cleaned up yet .... i have a friend outside of Leeds ..saw the pictures of the m3 woah ..anyway welcome..cheers 6S9L

Adam
January 10th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hey, yea the snows gone where i am in Manchester now, but it has been very cold lately

Justaguyin_nc
January 14th, 2006, 12:15 PM
welcome adam... I also was drawn to this site by robert... thought I was looking at the VOX he plays through but he tempted me into a squier 51.. he's a heck of a salesman huh..heh..

Guitar-Chris
January 14th, 2006, 12:29 PM
welcome adam... I also was drawn to this site by robert... thought I was looking at the VOX he plays through but he tempted me into a squier 51.. he's a heck of a salesman huh..heh..

He, he, when my neighbour thought of buying his first (cheap) electric guitar few weeks ago and asked me for as suggestion, my first idea was: Hey, he needs this Squier 51.

He wants the blonde one, but now the black in on store, the sunburst will arrive in 2 days and the blonde, hm, there's a new date of delivery at January 25th...

But he saw the videos of Robert and now he doesn't want anything else :R

At Adam: welcome at the vox/Squier 51 head quarter :cool: