PDA

View Full Version : Jay Turser

ted s
April 5th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Hey all.. a new store opened up in my neck of the woods recently, not a franchise, so I finally get in there this afternoon. Short story long..

I have been wanting to pick up a cheap Strat style. I am drawn to a metalic red, maple necked, rosewood fb off to the one side. Jay Turser.. ? heard of them, know nothing about them. Check out other stuff, find myself back in the corner.. The owner plugs me in to test drive this thing.. sounds great ! Fit and finish are spotless, frets are great (much nicer than most of the Squires I have felt, vintage style tuners and tremelo, Tele style headstock, pickups are not any noisier than my Nashville Tele.. I had to have it.

My search for a cheap Strat is over, I found an inexpensive one instead, there is nothing cheap about this $113 (Can.taxes in) piece.

Pics. to follow..
I still can't believe the quality for < $100. :confused: :)
Almost forgot.. limited lifetime warranty.

Here is a link to some semi-crappy pics..
http://www.box.net/shared/nn7njo2j57

Earful
April 5th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I have a Jay Turser CEQ-35 Acoustic which is a Ibanez copy, this instrument is a awesome value, and sounds great too!

M29
April 5th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Hello,

I had a Turser JT200D (Paul copy) that was very good in fit and finish. I loved the way the neck felt and it had great sustain from an agathis body. There were issues with the tuning keys and the nut was not real good but from that price range is was a very nice guitar. It had Alpha pots which are not too bad. I did have trouble getting good money out of it and it was less then a year old. Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold it I loved playing it but needed the money for something else.
If I remember correctly the JT200 got Guitar Player magazines Best Value award for 2004.

M29

Tim
April 6th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Yep! Got a Jay Turser Strat myself. I put a stacked humbucker in the neck postion. It sounds sweet.

warren0728
April 6th, 2007, 03:23 PM
looks good ted....i really like the color

ww

Big K
April 7th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Love that Red, looks to be a nice quality piece, enjoy.....

ted s
April 7th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I can't get over this thing, is just a plain old good guitar, I can't find anything I don't like about it. For $100 it's a no brainer. No sharp fret ends, no noise, no creaky tuners, holds tune after you dive bomb it, maple neck and alder body... ?? What gives here, this can't be right, can it ?

Fret polish and new strings is all it needs.

Tim
April 7th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Stop trying to find an excuse for spending less cash for a good guitar. It is a good guitar. Just play it!!!

ted s
April 7th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Ok, thanks Tim, I'm done now.. :DR

pie_man_25
April 18th, 2007, 04:50 PM
those Jay tursers look good, does anyone know if they make a P-bass copy?

jasongins
April 18th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Is this (http://store.musiclandcentral.net/jaytutestelb.html) what you are looking for? Looks pretty cool to me, and I think it would look great with my '51.

marnold
April 18th, 2007, 05:31 PM
http://www.jayturser.com/jtb-400c.php

pie_man_25
April 21st, 2007, 07:04 PM
/\ looks pretty good, I tried the basses out at a local shop, they aren't that good, I'll stick with my fender.