PDA

View Full Version : Area 51 exists and I'm an alien!!

Spudman
January 10th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Today I joined the 51 club.
I'm squeezing a blonde real tight and she ain't complaining and that's a first ;). I got one from M.F. and it has an interesting character blue line running with the body grain between the controls and bridge. Beauty mark I guess you'd call it. Maybe a vericose vein? Black pickguard.

Yes the frets are a tad long, but I have a file. Action is a bit high and the strings are 9's and must go. The guitar is solid in every other way. I even have a tiny brown knot on the headstock. If this ever gets stolen I'll know it when I see it anywhere. It's sort of like crossed eyes and a limp. You can't really cover them up. The frets seem pretty smooth on top. I'll know when I change the strings. The pickup selecter is a bit tight to turn. Anyone else experience this? The neck feels great on it too. Love the finish or lack of.

Squire is putting out one of the best humbucking pickups right now. I love this! I think it is the same model pickup as on my Squier Telecaster Special. They are awesome pickups.

Nelskie
January 10th, 2006, 03:32 PM
"The Truth Is Out There", Spudman - just be careful with the cover-up!. Loved the "blonde" intro line on your post too, you old lady-killer!! We'll all be interested to know if blondes do indeed have more fun.

Tim
January 11th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Spuds – Congratulations on your new “lady”. Remember to treat her right and she will always be there for you. Loving caresses and smooth and easy fingers should keep her going for years. Here is one piece of advice from a person who knows. Watch the “blond” jokes. If you must tell them, say them out of ear shot. Blonds are very sensitive. I know because I am married to one.

You must get her to pose for a picture one day. We all would enjoy seeing her.

Robert
January 11th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Congrats on a great guitar! Treat the alien queen well and she will not cheat on you. Frets are easy to fix - I used a fine sand paper and it worked great.

Spudman
January 11th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Robert
Thanks for the tip man, but I had already pulled out the Makita 3 inch belt sander and got her taken care of (said gruffly as I pull up my trousers).
Actually I did a little file work and extra fine sandpaper. Though, I wonder if the belt sander would have worked?

Blondes Tim? All the ones that I have known are a tad on the psycho side so if they can handle me saying it to their face then they pass the test. Otherwise it's best to get rid of them soon before you grow too attached and they tear out your heart and leave you bleeding in the gutter only a shell of your former self.

Oh my! You'd think with anger like that I could come up with a pretty good song.

Anyway, thanks guys. And Tim, I will treat her kindly.

Robert
January 12th, 2006, 02:38 PM
How you like your alien blondie so far? I still love my '51 - I just hope the NSA don't come and steal her away and take her to New Mexico. My gal needs the intonation set, and perhaps better tuners, but otherwise she'd be a star at any beauty pageant.

Spudman
January 12th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I haven't officially taker her out of the hanger yet. When the stealth support team is ready to assist (read bass and drums) then we will do a lengthy test flight. Right now we are still adjusting the operating parameters to keep it stable in this thin atmostphere. A few measurements were beyond the safe operating limit. Once calibrated I'm sure we will have a fine craft capable of leaving Earth orbit. With any luck I'll be on board.

Nanu nanu.

As for your stealthy craft...I hear that once you go black...

Nelskie
January 14th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Spud - Any more "space" references in your posts, people may begin to wonder. Come to think of it, weren't you one of the "extras" playing in the alien cantina band when Luke & Obi Wan were in the bar on Mos Eisley, during their initial meeting w/ Han Solo? Yeah, now it's coming back to me - the big, skinny, salmon-colored one with an elephant nose!!! Ha ha ha ha!!

Spudman
January 14th, 2006, 01:48 PM
No. That was actually our drummer. He's been wanting to get into show biz ever since he went out with Pam Anderson who is also an alien. I was of course behind the bar in that scene. All the music we pre-recoded on the ship on the way to your solar system. We have a state of the art studio on board. Anyway, I let my stand in do the scene and I went and got sloppy drunk because as usual the band wasn't getting paid. Never let an Octrillian do your booking.

Robert
January 14th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Haha, I love your humour, Spud-Spock!