PDA

View Full Version : SST 57 Replacement Pickups?

Big K
April 7th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Since I can't seem to leave anything alone its time to do something to my stock SX strat. I thought the replacement GFS's I had installed on a couple of recently departed guitars sounded good for the money expended so I think they will be the selected brand, but which ones to select is my latest dilemma? I haven't put a meter on the stock units but they seem to be about equal in strength to my worn out ears. I am between either a Texas type of setup maybe replacing only the bridge pickup, a set of the Lil Killers, a set of 60's-70's Grey Bottom Overwound's, a set of Premium Overwound Alnico's a set of Strat "Texas" Alnico's or ???.... Looking for a something a little warmer to drive into a little crunchier sound when cranked, still smooth at less than full bore and not lose that quack entirely on positions 2 & 4...might be chasing Mission Impossible but looking for some expert advice before making the plunge.

any past experiences with GFS replacements or suggestions appreciated?

snarph
May 17th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I have a set of premium over wound punchy and at less the ten have a good sound classic glass over tone

Big K
May 18th, 2007, 06:55 AM
thanks snarpf