PDA

View Full Version : Excerpt from a jam session

aeolian
April 8th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Over the last few months, just about every week I get together with a couple other people for a jam session. Originally we had a drummer but she has since decided to drop out, so it's just 2 guitars (me on one) and a bass player.

Last week I brought along my digital recorder and recorded some of our playing with a single microphone in the middle of the room. This is an excerpt where we were just jamming over an E scale. We are not close to being good, but we certainly have a lot of fun.

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/excerpt.mp3

helliott
April 8th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Cool atmosphere. I liked the piano-ish guitar work in the middle. And there was fun in the sound, which is the most important thing. Good work.

Justaguyin_nc
April 11th, 2007, 12:46 PM
ahhh.. coffee house music.... sip a cup and enjoy... I enjoyed it... and sounds like ya'll enjoyed it too.. thats the main part...

sunvalleylaw
April 11th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I meant to post earlier. Made me want to be there joining in. Thanks for posting.

abraxas
April 11th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Very nice! You should definitely find a drummer/percussionist with a good ear and good dynamics! This would instantly make you into a very interesting group already! :DR

SuperSwede
April 12th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Aeolian, I must have have missed it when you posted it. Sounds good! I agree with Justa, definately a coffee house sound. *sip*