PDA

View Full Version : Tele Custom II

Spudman
January 10th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Oh ya! I also just got a Black Squier Tele Custom II today from M.F. Oh my.
Sweeet. Nelski, sorry to bust your bubble but I really got a good one. Set up is so good I could take it out right now and gig all night with it. Everything is tight, great action, perfect neck relief, perfect alignment, pickup height just right. Stays in tune too. No worries here.

It has more of a midrange voice due to the P90's. Not the sparkle that you get from a regular Tele. Very usable voice when clean especially for strumming and chord work. The real treat is when you add some distortion. Yikes! Man can this cry and hold a note. The cool thing...when you roll off the volume on either pickup with both pickups on...it doesn't cut out the other pickup. Not so on my Les Pauls. This allows for a ton of tonal options.

The frets are way smooth and shaped almost identical to the frets off a Lite Ash Strat that I sold last night. I don't think I'll have to polish the frets. The Tele is around 1/3 the retail price of the strat too. I don't really care if the neck isn't birdseye or the dots are abalone or not as long as it plays great and it does. The neck feels real good. Satin finish and just the right shape and size.

These Indonesian Squiers are the bomb right now. I'm impressed and I'm hard to impress. Like when I went out with Heather Locklear....

Anyone else have one of these? No, not Heather the guitar.

Nelskie
January 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM
No problem, Spud - the Tele II just wasn't my "cup of tea". Glad to hear that your *NEW* one met, and exceed your expectations. Looking back, if I hadn't sold mine, chances are that I wouldn't be digging a new G & L Tele, either.

Adam
January 10th, 2006, 05:17 PM
The Tele custom II is a good guitar :)

i had been planning on buying one yesturday from my local guitar store, but once inside i played both the custom I and the custom II.. Both very good. In the end i bought the Custom I, it just had a slightly different sound to what i wanted ans suited me better. But Its good to see that the custom II was the guitar for you

anyway, congrats on getting your cool guitar!

Robert
January 10th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I'd like both Heather and the guitar, please.

Spudman
January 10th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Robert
The guitar is gonna stay with me (another song there) but if you want Heather you're going to have to talk to Ritchie. Do you want his phone number?
Anyway, she doesn't like cold. Northern Alberta might not set too well with her, but on the other hand...she does like good guitar players.;)

Tim
January 11th, 2006, 06:23 AM
I too have the Tele Custom and I am enjoying playing and learning on this guitar. Although I do go back to the Start copy for a change in sound.