PDA

View Full Version : jimi hendrix experience pedal, any users?

carp3nt3r
April 8th, 2007, 09:52 PM
does anyone have firsthand knowledge of this pedal and its performance? I am interested in one if i can find it at a reasonable price.(note gas attack.)

http://www.digitech.com/products/HendrixPedal/Hendrix.htm

carp3nt3r. :rolleyes:

Jimi75
April 11th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Hey Carpenter,

I was so keen on getting this pedal last summer...I checked every possible link, watched videos on YouTube, to be honest, I was obsessed by this very pedal. The first thing I did after returning from the summer holidays was to check this pedal in the local music store - the disillusion was perfect!

The pedal has its qualities, no doubt, but is this enough to convince one to buy it?

Let me tell you that the sounds are not very versatile, this means that the sound is like a picture of Jimi's sound. Turning the knobs doesn't change very much the overall sound. The range of the wah is pretty fix or let us call it small. The natural feel you have with a Crybaby isn't there, you wanna go further but the pedal stops. The practical use of this pedal is very very limited. In a live situation you can not change sounds, also with the extra pedal you can only thumb through them and not go for like Purple Haze into The Wind Cries Mary sound.

For me being a huge Jimi enthusiast I wished that this pedal would be the holy grail, but it is not. Also for recording purposes it is very unusable. I figured that with my normal set up Line 6 POD and some stomps Dunlop Univibe I could come closer to Jimi's sound and I can dial in every other sound I want, because I hate imitating.

You can sure have your fun with this pedal, but for how long? If you really want to spend the money, check the Fulltone Pedals, get a Clyde Wah or something else, because in the end it makes you happier.

On the other hand, the pedal looks damn cool and if you have the money and it doesn't hurt your budget, why not, but it still remains an expensive toy in my opinion.

tremoloman
April 11th, 2007, 04:09 PM
does anyone have firsthand knowledge of this pedal and its performance?I've owned this pedal ever since it came out. I think the tones it creates are incredible and I love it very much. That being said, there are plenty of issues with it:

It only uses AC power which requires its special power supply (you cannot use batteries)
Cannot easily switch between modes (you sometimes have to crush the pedal to make it switch between effects)
Drastic volume variations between effects in same emulation setting (I love #7 for an original song we do in our band but it blows people away when I turn on the distortion, even on 1!)
Picky about cables (only works with my Hosa and Fender cables - all others do not work with it)I've seen this for sale for $149 and less at times... I'd check eBay also...