PDA

View Full Version : When did Fender up the prices on their CS pickups?

Tone2TheBone
April 9th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I thought I was crazy when I walked into GC one day and saw the $219 price tag on the CS Texas Special pups. Now I see that's the price everywhere. When when when?

Mark
April 9th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Dont know if this is the reason for sure, I bet it is part of it. Being a Plumbing Contractor I have to keep track of copper and brass prices and over the last year or two it skyrocketed and peaked at over $4.00 p/f for type L copper!!:eek: It had stabilized in the low $2.00-2.50 P/F bracket and recently has been inching up again. We got word a 20% increase is coming up this month. :mad: Gas here in the peoples Republik of California is $3.30 P/G. When energy prices go up copper, brass and many other things go up as well. It has gotten so bad I dont use price books much anymore, I check weekly for what Im paying. Ya it sucks I know, :mad: As you know Pups are made of copper wire;)

marnold
April 9th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Seems to me it was right around October of last year. Fender decided to up the minimum advertised price up on all of their pickups. The Tele Texas Specials that had been selling for $99 shot up to $189. Talk to your local retailer. They can sell them cheaper; they just can't advertise it.