PDA

View Full Version : Well here are the new VOX Valvetronix Amps

tot_Ou_tard
April 10th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Not what I was hoping for, but VOX has a new high gain/extreme series of valvetronix modeling amps. I suppose that this is to compete for the spider's money.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2007/VOX-XL-Series.html

A video from MusikMesse:

http://www.gearwire.com/vox-valvetronix-ad-xl-15-demo-musikmesse.html

warren0728
April 10th, 2007, 06:06 AM
hmmmmm....i like the black grill better than my chrome one....

now i'm thinking of painting my grill....maybe not black....but some color yet to be determined!

ww

tot_Ou_tard
April 10th, 2007, 06:08 AM
They also announced two new DA models:

http://www.musicgadgets.net/2007/04/02/vox-expands-da-series-amps/

Robert
April 10th, 2007, 07:22 AM
High gain? Ahh, dat's no godt for me! Although I respect metal heads 100%! :D

warren0728
April 10th, 2007, 07:37 AM
High gain? Ahh, dat's no godt!
i agree...at least for me it's not...

ww

abraxas
April 10th, 2007, 07:46 AM
I don't like them very much and -frankly- don't see the point. But I understand they have to cover every niche of the market, so... :rolleyes:

Danzego
April 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM
*risks life and limb*

Ummm....I'm actually kind of interested in them and how they sound. :o

Here's the thing I definitely DON'T like: what is it with companies that feel the need to make stupid names for things, like the amp models here? I mean, c'mon....Damaged? Buzzsaw? I think these are a bit out of the range of your average 9 year old. Who does Vox think they are now....DOD/Digitech? :confused:

Anyway, I may be playing a lot of different things these days, but I still gots the metal in my blood. :DR I personally wouldn't mind a nice little amp with a good sound to get some riffs on now and again. I'm gonna have to hear these things out. :cool:

abraxas
April 10th, 2007, 09:10 AM
*risks life and limb*

:D :D

Here's the thing I definitely DON'T like: what is it with companies that feel the need to make stupid names for things, like the amp models here? I mean, c'mon....Damaged? Buzzsaw? I think these are a bit out of the range of your average 9 year old. Who does Vox think they are now....DOD/Digitech?

Anyway, I may be playing a lot of different things these days, but I still gots the metal in my blood. :DR I personally wouldn't mind a nice little amp with a good sound to get some riffs on now and again. I'm gonna have to hear these things out.

I believe the silly names are used to avoid legal action by the companies the amp models are "modeled" after.

As for creating a high gain (up to ridiculously high gain) tone, IMHO you have a better chance by using a multiple gain stage pedal, like the MI-Audio Tube Zone, or even, a number of different pedals in series. If, OTOH you have to have the "exact" sound that (e.g.) a triple-Recto has, then those amps are a valid alternative to a good pedalboard.

marnold
April 10th, 2007, 09:45 AM
As a metalhead, I'm happy to see these. I like the bigger speaker idea and the octave effect. I'll have to check them out, although I don't think I'll be giving up on my AD30VT anytime soon. I'd rather spend the money on putting a Celestion G10 in there.