PDA

View Full Version : Callaham stainless steel parts for Strats

Tone2TheBone
April 10th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Has anyone swapped out the bridge saddles or bridge tailpiece screws on your MIM Standard Strats with Callaham stainless steel parts? If so were they cool or no? Relate your stories here.

Mark
April 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I cant address his strat parts although I hear noting but good about them. I did use his complete Tele hardware and P/G and switch assembly. His stuff is beautiful and high quality and he is a pleasure to deal with. I wouldnt hesitate recommending his products.:DR

Tone2TheBone
April 11th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I cant address his strat parts although I hear noting but good about them. I did use his complete Tele hardware and P/G and switch assembly. His stuff is beautiful and high quality and he is a pleasure to deal with. I wouldnt hesitate recommending his products.:DR

Yeah I've got the steel trem block in my Strat and man did it make a difference right away. Someone's post about the Classic 50s Strats not having "original" trem components got me to thinking about improving that aspect on my own MIM. The difference might not be as dramatic as the trem block swap but it would be kinda cool to have steel parts on the trem anyway.

Tone2TheBone
April 11th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Oh I also wanted to mention that Callaham sources out their products to Specialty Guitars, which is the next state over so orders are shipped really fast and I don't have to fax my order and wait etc.

http://www.specialtyguitars.com

tremoloman
April 27th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I've installed Callaham tremolo blocks and/or bridges in every Strat I own – that's how much I believe in them. Bill’s quality is worlds above anything Fender produces. Go to Callaham's bridge comparison (http://www.callahamguitars.com/bridges.htm) and examine his comparison pictures – they speak for themselves.

I've got Callaham’s complete vintage bridge assemblies in both my MIMs. Callaham saddles are cut deeper so the string doesn't rub against a sharp edge like the stock MIM models do. They are also made of better quality metal and built to high tolerances. His saddle screws don’t wobble, strip, or form grooves like Fender’s do.

Say what you will but I'm sold!
Once you go Callaham you never go back!