PDA

View Full Version : PodXT

SuperSwede
April 11th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I got sick and tired of the bad USB latency and sound problems of my Mi4 interface so I decided to send it back to the dealer. Now I have no possibility to use my Tonelab properly so I just put it out on the net for sale.
So what do I do now? Well I need a working USB solution, and the only thing that came to my mind was the PodXT, so I ordered one today.

So who else has a PodXT?

Tone2TheBone
April 11th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Not me buddy but the sounds on the POD 2.0 are awesome you've heard them! You'll love your XT.

ShortBuSX
April 11th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Too bad...I could have gotten you one cheap!!!

Ive gotta buddy, who has all but given up on his Pod to the point he gave it to me to try and program it...Ive done everything but plug it in, first thing I did was go online looking for patches...even that was a bit much! So I decided to ask him for the manual...the phrase "too much of a good thing" comes to mind.

His plan is to sell in ebay and buy 3-4 good pedals to replace it. Probably has 10 hours on it, tops.

SuperSwede
April 11th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I have played on a PodXT before, and they sound really good. Perhaps not as good as the tonelab when it comes to old tube amps, but the PodXT can do other things better. I really want a working solution, and the PodXT seems to be just that.
Btw, how does the PodXT (or even the Pod2.0, t2tb?) respond to pedals?

SuperSwede
April 11th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Not me buddy but the sounds on the POD 2.0 are awesome you've heard them! You'll love your XT.

Yup, and imagine how lovely the 2.0 will sound with a Classic 50´s strat in surf green ;)

Tone2TheBone
April 11th, 2007, 01:12 PM
What kind of pedals would you use? Modulation effects or overdrives? The amp models sound killer by themselves you don't need no stinking pedals. ;) I'm sure the XT has reverb,delay, chorus, flanging etc. like 2.0 has...you can do all kinds of neat stuff. You can tweak certain knobs on the POD to get them to produce more overdrive or have more treble output etc. I'm sure you can do that with the XT also.

The killer sounding track I sent you awhile back was all on the POD. Yeah a cool surf green 50s Strat would be cool but my old faithful MIM did the job well. Too bad about the Tonelab but trust me you will dig the PODXT.

Robert
April 11th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Hey SS, why didn't you get one these Toneport magic boxes like I have! Mine rox - and it's cheaper than the Pod XT. The sounds are pretty much the same I think? It uses USB and I don't have any issues with it. The Gearbox software is fantastic.

Mark
April 11th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Dont forget guys I still have a PodXT live for sale if anyone get a hankering to buy it. It is in like new condition I just never could bond with it and I really did try. Oops I see you already bought one.........

Jimi75
April 12th, 2007, 02:07 AM
SS, I'd go for the TONEPORT.
I am more than satisfied with the Toneport.

SuperSwede
April 12th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Well, I agree that the toneport is a nice piece of equipment.. but I really want all the amp models that the full PodXT can give me. And I already have 2 great sounding software amp modelers (Guitar Rig 2 & Amplitube 2) and I want a stand-alone unit to offload the computer when I record. I also want to be able to pick it up and bring it to a friend. And I need to have a low latency USB interface, so it had to be the PodXT. I´m also planning to purchase at least two of the amp packs that line6 offers, the collectors classic pack seems really nice!

sunvalleylaw
April 12th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Dont forget guys I still have a PodXT live for sale if anyone get a hankering to buy it. It is in like new condition I just never could bond with it and I really did try. Oops I see you already bought one.........

Mark, what are you wanting for it?

SuperSwede
April 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Ok.. I got my PodXT today!

I am NOT amazed yet, but new units with preset patches usually dont sound very good. I have made a few sounds already, but I still have to say that the Tonlab does the amp & mic thing better than the XT. Still not a bad machine, and it will probably become better once I learn how to tweak it properly.

Tone2TheBone
April 17th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Get an amph!!! j/k

Go manual on the models brother. You know you're a manual kinda dude.

stingx
April 17th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Swede, I'm a Line 6 fan. I have had my XT since early '04. I have all the model packs and am running the latest firmware. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. The stock tones are shit compared to what a little tweaking will yield. Customtone.com is a great place to begin searching for a tone you have in mind. I still prefer to tweak. 90% of all my recordings over the past several years have been done with the XT. The fact that updates are still made for this product and that there is a HUGE patch repository speaks volumes for Line 6.

Here are some of my favorite patches for you to play with:

stingx
April 17th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Swede, I'm a Line 6 fan. I have had my XT since early '04. I have all the model packs and am running the latest firmware. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. The stock tones are shit compared to what a little tweaking will yield. Customtone.com is a great place to begin searching for a tone you have in mind. I still prefer to tweak. 90% of all my recordings over the past several years have been done with the XT. The fact that updates are still made for this product and that there is a HUGE patch repository speaks volumes for Line 6.

Here are some of my favorite patches for you to play with:

One more:

SuperSwede
April 17th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Thanks Pete, I already had the Rob Tognoni patches and they sound really good! I downloaded all the other banks.

T2tb, get an amp? I just bought over 40 packed into a red kidney bean. ;)

Tone2TheBone
April 18th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks Pete, I already had the Rob Tognoni patches and they sound really good! I downloaded all the other banks.

T2tb, get an amp? I just bought over 40 packed into a red kidney bean. ;)

Then what are you cryin' for! LMAO ;) I think some sweet recordings of that killer Schecter are in order sir.

SuperSwede
April 18th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Then what are you cryin' for! LMAO ;) I think some sweet recordings of that killer Schecter are in order sir.

Dear Sir or Madam,

That could be arranged. Just be sure to record your lesbian friend paul with a healthy dose of that zonkin drive of yours.

Tone2TheBone
April 18th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Dear Sir or Madam,

That could be arranged. Just be sure to record your lesbian friend paul with a healthy dose of that zonkin drive of yours.

You know, I actually knew what you meant by this? Middle or neck? :p

tot_Ou_tard
April 18th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Dear Sir or Madam,

Best quote of the month! :D

SuperSwede
April 18th, 2007, 12:44 PM
You know, I actually knew what you meant by this? Middle or neck? :p

Why not all three positions? :D

Stratcrazy
April 20th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I have a PODXT and a PODXT LIVE and I love them. I am a down to earth pedal on the floor kind of guy and have a full pedal rig as well. The hardest thing for me was going into edit screens to tweak the sounds. I f you are lazy like me then the POD products may not be for you. I got off my *** and learned how to program them quickly and now I love them. Another good tip is not to be overwelmed with all the stuff they can do. Just stick to your plan and pretend all the amps and effects were there in the room with you. Good luck and happy pickin!

SuperSwede
April 21st, 2007, 12:50 AM
I got the XT hooked up to the computer so editing is smooth and simple. I have made a few good sounding patches, and the USB audio works really good. The only downside is that I still dont think that the XT sound as good as the TL when it comes to clean amp + mic sounds. It sounds better distorted though.

Stratcrazy
April 21st, 2007, 12:08 PM
The clean thing is tough if you aren't going to color it with chorus and delay and such. Have you messed with the compressors yet? They can really give you a nice boost in the bottom and mids when you add one to a clean sound. Try it out. Blue comp, Red comp ect... Good luck brotha!