PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Cranium
April 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I bought a new Seymour Duncan pickup today and all the wires are inside a black..wire, how do take them out, do I need some tool?

duhvoodooman
April 11th, 2007, 03:31 PM
What exact SD model, Cranium?

Cranium
April 11th, 2007, 03:47 PM
lil 59, I already removed some of the black wire, can you tell me where I can buy some heatshirk or masked tape?

Edit: Can you also tell me which one is better? Thanks :DR .

duhvoodooman
April 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM
lil 59, I already removed some of the black wire, can you tell me where I can buy some heatshirk or masked tape?

Edit: Can you also tell me which one is better? Thanks :DR .
1) Radio Shack or other electronics supply store.

2) Better for what?? The answer depends on what you're trying to achieve with the pickup change.

Cranium
April 11th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I can't seem to fit the lil 59 into the pickguard!!!! Whats going on here?

duhvoodooman
April 11th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Photos, man, we need photos!

Cranium
April 11th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Also the screwes that came with the pickup don't actualy fit in it either..., sorry DVM no photos until I figure out the problem.

Update: I managed to fit the pickup and the screwes but after an hour of soldering I can't seem to get it to work, I don't know whats wrong.

Cranium
April 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Edit: After this experience I know one thing for sure, I'm never buying Seymour Duncan pickups again unless someone installs them for me, plus I never managed to make it work either, I might go to a store and have them reinstall the pickup(s), I'm definatley sticking to dimarzio from now on... :( :mad:

Tim
April 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM
If this was your first time, I can understand why you got confused. Do some research before attempting any new mods to your guitar. That is why they invented Google. Once you understand the basics, it become easy to understand how to perform the mods. We all started where you are. You will be a pro before you know it. Hang in there.

Cranium
April 12th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I installed my first Dimarzio pickup in my strat just fine but this was my first time installing a Seymour Duncan pickup, it was horrible, I'm gonna go and have a shop install it for me but this will be the last time I'm buying a SD.